Loose Shells,- Should Be Printable Anyway?

Discussion in 'Customer Service' started by kaadesign, Sep 7, 2016.

1. kaadesign
    kaadesign Well-Known Member
  2. Youknowwho4eva
    Youknowwho4eva Well-Known Member
    Do the meet the minimum distance from the guidelines?

3. kaadesign
    No, the gap is too small.
    It would be no proplem for me, if the parts are not separated after printing.
    The question is, would it be a problem for Shapeways? Or could I say just “print it anyway“? Would there be a problem on colouring Nylon?

4. Youknowwho4eva
    Youknowwho4eva Well-Known Member
    If it's less than the minimum, you'll have to order as print it anyway. You may have die issues, if there is trapped material inside that you free because it isn't fused. The trapped material will prevent full dye penetration.

5. kaadesign
    Thank You for Your information.
    The “print it anyway“ option:
    If I would offer the model to customers, would they always have to choose this option? Is it allowed to choose this option for customers, or for the Designer only? Is there s chance to change to “accepted“ model, after a couple of “successful“ prints?

6. mkroeker
    mkroeker Well-Known Member
    "Print it anyway" is owner-only. I guess you could try ordering it once without this option - if you have the time to spare to risk a rejection - and see if whoever does the manual check lets it pass despite the likelyhood that the parts will fuse together. If you are lucky the successful print will then make it an "accepted" model that does not have to pass the manual checks anymore until eventually some print happens to break e.g. during cleaning.