Loose Shells Have Magically Appeared?

Discussion in 'Customer Service' started by Andrusi, Jun 24, 2019.

1. Andrusi
    Andrusi Member
    So, I have a particular item in my shop that consists of two action figure accessories connected by a short sprue piece. Originally I was selling one of them independently and planned to do the same with the other, but then the big pricing change rolled out and suddenly it wasn't economical to sell single small accessories anymore, so I've been having to do a lot of sprueing like this.

Recently I had a customer try to order this item from me, only for me to get a message telling me the structure was too weak to survive the printing process. (It was, of course, coming apart at the sprue.) My test print (seen in the photo) was in White Natural Versatile, and the customer had tried to order in White Premium Versatile (which you'll note is no longer available as a result of this), so I figure this was just a matter of it being stable enough for printing but not the Premium polishing. My customer decided to order again in a different material.

But then. This morning, I got another "Help us resolve issues with your customer's order" message about the same product. This time it said:

So. This model, which Shapeways was content to try to print for my customer before, and which Shapeways has successfully printed for me in the past, is now suddenly rejected without being attempted. This is the exact same model--I haven't made any changes to it. What the heck is going on here?

2. Lefteri
    Lefteri Shapeways Employee CS Team
    Hello @Andrusi thank you for reaching out and my apologies for the frustration! I will reach out to you via our helpdesk and ask our production team to look into this.