Looking For Someone To Make 1:10 Scale Body Of My Real Truck.

Discussion in '3D Design Requests' started by tuspejo, Sep 4, 2016.

1. tuspejo
    tuspejo Member
    I have been on a quest to make a RC version of my real truck. If i provide pictures can someone make the body for me?
    Let me know
    Thanks
    Titus

2. Jason2014
    Jason2014 Well-Known Member
    Hi there!

I read through your posting and we can easily help you with this. We do similar projects all the time!

I will need more information to properly quote your project. Please send it to jason@jcadusa.com or call me directly 1.888.202.2052 to discuss. I'm basically looking for sketches, pictures of similar products and/or any other information you have about your project so it's clear to me what needs to be done.

After you send it, visit our website http://jcadusa.com and checkout our Virtual Reality online portfolio with 100's of 3D interactive parts we've made here: https://sketchfab.com/jcad. All of the parts on this link can be viewed in VR (virtual reality) using a VR headset. Ask us about how to get a FREE VR headset!

We specialize in:

- 3D Mechanical CAD Design

- 3D Design for 3D Printing

- 3D Design for Injection Molding

- 3D Printing & Prototyping

- Injection Molding & Manufacturing

- Mold Making & Mass Production

- Machining, Welding & Fabrication

- Product Renderings & Animations

- PCB Enclosure/Electronics Box Design & Manufacture

Here's a published article about our company: http://3dprint.com/95606/j-cad-inc-makemy3dfile/

Here's a published article about a project we did for another client: http://3dprint.com/79057/3d-printed-cigar-ashtray/

Here's a short video about J - CAD Inc.

Looking forward to speaking to you soon about your project!

Jason | CEO J - CAD Inc.
    jason@jcadusa.com
    www.jcadusa.com

“People have great ideas…we turn them into reality!” - Jason | CEO J - CAD Inc.

Attached Files:

3. UniverseBecoming
    UniverseBecoming Well-Known Member
    Yeah. No problem. I can do it for a flat rate of $25.

4. 8_Perf
    8_Perf Well-Known Member
    What kid of truck is it? Likely there is one already out there that could be modified to your taste.

5. gafsadesign
    gafsadesign Well-Known Member
    what is your truck model ?

6. tuspejo
    tuspejo Member
    Thanks everyone for their replies, here is a picture of my truck, currently getting new lights and bumpers put on. But this is how it looks for the most part. its a 2012 Ram 2500 Mega Cab Long Bed. [​IMG]
    Axial Makes a 1:10 Ram Crew cab short bed body for the chassis im planning on modifying, that measures
    Length: 20.5" (520mm)
    Width: 7.9" (200mm)
    Height: 5" (127mm)
    If i can keep the width similar that would require less work for me. As far as the lenght of the body is up to the modeler as long as it all looks proportional I can modify the length of the chassis to match the body.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2016
  7. Anyuta3D
    Anyuta3D Well-Known Member
    Dear Titus / tuspejo,

Is this what you are looking for? For additional info & directions (if really interested), feel free to contact with us.

Regards,
    Anyuta 3D

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 8, 2020
  8. tuspejo
    tuspejo Member
    Too short, thats a Crew Cab Short bed, refer to pictures i sent you in our convo.

9. tuspejo
    tuspejo Member
    That looks pretty close, but it looks like its only a crew cab short bed, similar to an already made lexan body, [​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is my truck in stock formation
    [​IMG]

note the back of the cab is longer,

But this is my actual truck
    [​IMG]

Notice the bed is also longer.

10. 8_Perf
    8_Perf Well-Known Member
    I have found a few models that I could easily modify for you, but have you considered what this will cost to 3d print?
    As a traditional model maker, I would consider finding someone with a vac-form machine and a lexan body close enough to the size you want, filling it with plaster, and cutting that into multiple sections to lengthen to desired proportions. Glue the sections back together and re-vac form the new shell. Thats me though. :)
    On the other hand, if you have your heart set on a print, I'd be happy to oblige. Id recommend the WSF material SW uses as its going to give you the strength an RC body should have, and its also the cheapest.

11. tuspejo
    tuspejo Member

Thanks i thought about lexan cutting and pasting since there is already a shorter version of it, but then I like the details of 3d printing and i can get it closer to the way i like it. I am currently working with a modeler that messaged me from here so if all goes well i will share the final product if not i will be back up here looking for another modeler.

Thanks
    Titus

12. tuspejo
    tuspejo Member
    Well i have been scammed by Ronsaki, a Member here. I paid him through paypal to 3d model my truck, and i have not received an end product and now have to go through paypal to get my money back.

13. simon_bird7
    simon_bird7 Member
    Hi there

I'm sorry you have had a bad experience

my name is Simon and one of my Shapeways clients asked me to lenghten
    and add dually fenders to a ford 150 (see attached)

please let me know if I can help, i would charge about $50-80

best wishes
    Simon

Attached Files:

14. 8_Perf
    8_Perf Well-Known Member
    Sorry to hear that as well. I'd also inform SW forum mods to see about a possible ban and maybe even a fine if ever wants to have things printed by them in the future. You may have to provide email logs for proof though.

-Mark

15. tuspejo
    tuspejo Member
    Well a little update Ronsakiis still avoiding paying me back my partial refund.... if anyone knows a way to get my money back PayPal won't help any more.

16. Brej
    Brej Member
    Hi I am looking to have a 2000-2011 ford crown Victoria rc car bodie printed in a 1:10 and 1:6 scale is this something anybody can do for me.

17. Brej
    Brej Member
    Did you ever find someone to make that bodie for you. I am looking for a car bodie myself an can't find one