Light poem/napkin ring

Discussion in 'Design and Modeling' started by vevans, Nov 16, 2010.

1. vevans
    vevans New Member
    I can not get my shapeways creator to work for either the shapeways lightpoem and/or napkin ring. I checked and followed the steps on the tutorials and wasn't able to fix the error. I tried to uninstall the program/file and wasn't able to. I also have tried redownloading the file/program. Please let me know how to fix this problem so I can get one or ther other ordered. thank you for your assistance.
  2. bartv
    bartv New Member
    That's odd. Can you please tell me which operating system you use?

3. vevans
    vevans New Member
    Windows 7. It's a brand new computer.
  4. lindaf
    lindaf New Member
    The same thing is happening to me, I've downloaded shapeways.jnlp to create lightpoem (on a MAC 10.6.4); the 3D image doesn't work and when I get to save/order it says:
    Notice/Warning.....problem with your model....resolve errors indicated

But there aren't any errors indicated.

I've also tried shapeways.jnlp on my home windows computer and same thing is happening.

I'd really love to get this for a Christmas present, so any help would be great!

5. pnilan
    pnilan New Member
    Exactly the same problem here running Snow Leopard - can somone help ?
  6. bartv
    bartv New Member
    Linda, can you give me the exact text that you tried to use, and tell me which font you selected? Some texts are structurally not possible, maybe this is the problem. Still,any error indication should be clear.

7. lindaf
    lindaf New Member
    Hi Bart,

The text I'm using is:

And I've tried all of the fonts and all of the material combinations - In the tutorial video it shows the 3D image picking up the text as it is entered and reproducing it on the 3D model, this doesn't happen at all.

Thanks for your help,

8. vevans
    vevans New Member
    I had the text: lassiez le Bon temps roler. I even tried other text just in case. I also noticed that I didn't have a demo of the shape/final product on the left side. Everything that Linda did; I did. It's a real bummer that it didn't work. I was really excited about getting this product.
  9. GHP
    GHP New Member
    Hi! For anyone still having difficulty ordering the napkin ring, I would recommend my Mobius Text Napkin Ring ( g.html?gid=ug28511). Available with either 3 twists (shown below) or 1 twist (click link to see an example).

I can't promise that this is printable in stainless steel, but it should come out nicely in White, Strong and Flexible or any of the dyed versions.

Happy Holidays!

(Coming soon - my mobius text finger ring.)
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2010
  10. bartv
    bartv New Member
    @lindaf, vevans: we've fixed the Lightpoem and Ringpoem creators - they should work okay now. There' IS another issue with your texts though: it looks like they'd result in a 'broken' ringpoem. Sometimes the words don't line up to make a structurally strong model. In that case you'll get a clear warning in yellow. Check out the screenshot below.

@GHP: I think this is a bit of a hijack capture of this forum post. Please don't do that ;)

Schermafbeelding 2010-12-07 om 11.31.12.png