Is There Someone To Ask About The Statasys J750?

Discussion in 'Customer Service' started by TrentTroop, Oct 31, 2018.

1. MrNib
    MrNib Well-Known Member
    I've got simple stuff like this waiting in the wings but things like color quality, color separation, finish, and ability to handle prints (since they are supposed to be parts of pens) will be key. Otherwise the wait will need to continue for a few more years or decades until better technologies arrive.

color tube.jpg

2. MrNib
    MrNib Well-Known Member
    Also you should consider adding color .obj file support for uploads. I noticed that not only doesn't TInkercad utilize anyone's APIs for direct transfer of files anymore they also no longer support .x3d color file formats which is going to make using color here a real pain.

jimmyadvice likes this.
  3. jimmyadvice
    jimmyadvice Shapeways Employee CS Team
    Thanks for the feedback @MrNib - we'll keep you posted once we've figured out the details for this new technology.

4. TrentTroop
    TrentTroop Well-Known Member
    Any word on the StratSys? I'm eager because I'm expecting a hit when the grandfathering runs out and full color plastic is my big hope of recovering from that hit, and I think in general for the userbase some good news and something to look forward to would be good for morale.

jimmyadvice likes this.
  5. jimmyadvice
    Still a work in progress @TrentTroop! We will definitely post new information once we have it.

6. TrentTroop
    TrentTroop Well-Known Member
    Hoping that the vanishing of the "coming soon" banner for the Statsys is not a bad sign.

7. jimmyadvice
    @TrentTroop It's part of a site update. The testing is still ongoing.