Introducing Premium Strong And Flexible

Discussion in 'Official Announcements' started by bgeorgakas, Oct 4, 2017.

1. woody64
    woody64 Well-Known Member
    We need to activate the new material per hand?

As beta tester I can say it's the polished black I was asking for years.
    You can take a look on the flickr page to see some results.

2. NoahLI
    NoahLI Well-Known Member
    only remaining question is whether the black dye is water/moisture proof.

3. kaadesign
    kaadesign Well-Known Member
    Thanks for testing.
    Shapeways should keep in mind, there is a need for technical housings for e. g. electronic circuit boards in outdoor areas.
    Further tests and specifications would be welcome.

bgeorgakas likes this.
  4. knoted
    knoted Member
    So, these premium materials are suddenly made public at a relatively really steep price, but the HP fusion jet material is STILL not launched for reasons unknown ?

Also, the extremely limited tiny photographs of these premium WSF and BSF don't convince to dip at that pricing.

Malwen likes this.
  5. IntelXeon
    IntelXeon Well-Known Member
    same, stil waiting for that HP stuff becomes public, hell even weerg.com is allready offering it..

6. Sparkshot
    Sparkshot Well-Known Member
    I'm extreemly interestd in HP so hope it isn't canned.

The apparent stronger properties, crisper lines is what attracts me because most of my range is model trains and most of my sales (due to cost) are the cheaper WSF.

So this new material I believe, with the better tolerances even if a tad more pricey would be a sure win up from standard WSF.

Any info here??

7. MichaelAtOz
    MichaelAtOz Well-Known Member
    I just got an email (red highlight added)
    Are you sure people want you to automatically make a new Material available on peoples Products?
    That particular design, for example, has a flexible clip, is the new Premium process as strong as the normal? As I removed White Strong and Flexible Polished because the clip broke.

Update. I just checked, that sentence in red is not well explained.

The 'Product' has not changed, as I read it, it implies that the new Materials were made available for the Product.

So is this trying to say "These Materials are now available to be added to your Product"?

8. CybranKNight
    CybranKNight Well-Known Member
    Looks interesting, I'll probably try it with a model or two but with it going for more than twice the base price for even WSFP I don't think It'll be worth the effort of adding it to all of my models.

I noticed that it seems you've based the price of the new finishing in the Material and Machine Volume rates instead of strictly playing it in the handling like has been done with WSF and WSFP.

Hopefully the pilot program will lead to a better pricing model once you get some "real world" data.

9. knoted
    knoted Member
    A lot of my customers are still just settling for basic black strong & flexible - while they could have the same product in the HP quality for nearly the price of WSFP, and nobody seems to be interested in these Premium WSF/BSF at their respective price point.

So, I actually feel inclined to encourage customers, to order in HP material via myself. Why is HP not public yet ?

10. w4004
    w4004 New Member
    I have ordered a part in Premium Strong And Flexible and the same part also in HP Jet Fusion print.
    Here are two pictures, left side HP, right side Premium Strong And Flexible.

Attached Files:

• sw1.jpg

sw1.jpg

File size:
      263.5 KB
      Views:
    • sw2.jpg

sw2.jpg

File size:
      242.9 KB
      Views:
    Malwen likes this.
  11. mkroeker
    mkroeker Well-Known Member
    Did you prime them, or did you adjust the colors in the pictures ? (Neither looks black, but there is no "grey strong&flexible" )

12. w4004
    w4004 New Member
    I donĀ“t prime them. They are as delivered. Both black.
    I lightened the image slightly to make the structures more visible.