Interlocking Metals & Other Problems

Discussion in 'Customer Service' started by GeomatrixDesigns, Jan 15, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GeomatrixDesigns
    GeomatrixDesigns Active Member
    Hi, I have a model that I wanted to print in an interlocking metal but accidentally tried printing in a non-interlocking metal... so it got rejected. The reason: interlocking parts. So now I try to order again... ZERO material option choices to order... Shapeways seems to be broken these days, it's hurting my business badly, my customer can't get their personalized item now since shapeways website appears to be broken. Oh I can order the version I made personalized for my mom though no problem.... the only difference between the two models? an engraved letter & a raised letter. Secondly, I have this dragon claw bracelet that shapeways has printed for many years now the reason why it won't be printed suddenly is: "No area to add sufficient infiltration geometry".... what????? What does that even mean? This is very frustrating, I hope someone can help me out with this.

silver dragon claw.jpg
    ol5785444-8635949_v0_s1.png

2. GeomatrixDesigns
    One work-around to the ZERO material options is to make the model available for sale in the material you want to print in..... then select buy from your products page. So I am able to order the item for my customer in interlocking parts that way only, which seems ridiculous.

3. GeomatrixDesigns
    I've ordered a chain to go with my customers order, I'm not able to add the rejected model to that order now in interlocking silver like it was possible to do in the past. So I end up paying shipping for the necklace & separate shipping for the pendant. So my customer will get two packages as well at different times? ouch.

4. GeomatrixDesigns
    Ok, so I've placed the order to my customer now in interlocking silver, they'll get two packages, one with the necklace, one with the pendant, 10 days apart.... This transaction cost me a total loss of profit, an additional $20 to make sure my customer is happy, which they won't be happy getting two packages at different times. I hope in the future Shapeways can implement a more solid bug free website like it was in the past, keeping customers in mind.

5. jimmyadvice
    jimmyadvice Shapeways Employee CS Team
    Hi @GeomatrixDesigns

I am sorry to hear about the trouble with getting your model re-ordered after it was cancelled. Sometimes we have to reset the model status or have you upload the file again (to the existing model page) to reset the print status.

Did you contact us via service@shapeways.com about this to get our eyes on it? We focus on this inbox primarily throughout the day.

6. GeomatrixDesigns
    Hi, it's definitely a bug then that the material options were blanked out completely, or someone did it from your end? The work-around allowed me to order, the item is now in production, paid extra for priority. Re-uploading did nothing to fix the issue, I had tried that.

I've contacted via e-mail about the dragon claw bracelet, hopefully I can get it printed today or I've lost a customer. Do you have any idea what this means?: "No area to add sufficient infiltration geometry". Isn't infiltration geometry only required for precious metals not laser sintered steel??

7. GeomatrixDesigns
    Just to clarify I've been trying to print the dragon claw bracelet in laser sintered steel which has been printed many, many times in the past.

8. jimmyadvice
    @GeomatrixDesigns If a material is blanked out on the product page, it is because it has been rejected and can only be brought back once the file is updated or the status reset.

If you are talking about the "eye feature" on the product page, you have to click these again to reactive them after you have uploaded an updated file. An updated file resets the print history of a model (just like uploading a new file that's never been checked/printed).

If you are in contact with our team already, it's best to continue communication with them there to get answers you need. The same CS team that answers emails is the team that checks this part of the forum (myself included).

9. GeomatrixDesigns
    My apologies James, just trying to get some answers quickly so I can print this dragonclaw. This thread can be deleted. I won't use the customer service forum anymore.

"@GeomatrixDesigns If a material is blanked out on the product page, it is because it has been rejected and can only be brought back once the file is updated or the status reset."

My rose pendant necklace for a customer still hasn't been manually reset then since it wasn't truly a rejected model, I had accidentally tried to print in a non-interlocking material. May I ask where the "eye feature" is on the product page to reset my models? The item is now in production using the work-around mentioned above, material options still blank using the "3d print" button from the "3d models" page... if it's possible for me to reset the model on my end I'd be glad to. Re-naming the files & re-uploading doesn't do it.

10. jimmyadvice
    Hi @GeomatrixDesigns

No need to apologize or delete the thread. It may be useful to someone else looking for answers on the forum. I'm letting you know who looks at this and how best to get answers. I don't want to step on another agent's communication with you.

Can you DM me the product in question you are asking about? I'm happy to check it out to see if anything looks weird.

11. GeomatrixDesigns
    Hi James, the concern isn't so much the rose pendant now since I've placed that order for the customer. You guys helped big time by combining the new order with the necklace, thanks! The concern is printing the dragon claw bracelet in steel for a customer. I got a reply back via e-mail saying the detail is too fine on the model. James, is it possible for you guys to "print it anyway" on all my models from now on? I fully understand some details do not show up in steel compared to the 3D renders as with ALL models on Shapeways. I know this and more importantly my customers know this. The steels have less detail, some details will not show up even in silver. That is 100% ok. ALL of my models are getting rejected by you guys because of detail too fine after designing to pass the automated checks. Please, please print my models anyways. Here is the dragon claw bracelet printed in steel which you guys have done many, many times in the past. I'm happy with the detail level, so are my customers.

I've designed with you guys for the past 5-years or so, about 50 Shapeways shops sell items I've created for them. I would be so grateful if you would always print my personal models from here on out. I need to be able to print my models designed according to the material spec sheets no matter how much detail may or may not be lost. If I pass the automated checks please just print my models. I recently printed a heart pendant that got rejected due to "too fine detail", so I said "print it anyways please!" and it turned out awesome! I want all my models to be "print it anyways" when I personally make the order. I can't afford to have every item rejected especially when I want to order 12 items. I must say this is very frustrating, I really hope I can get some help with this.

I've got 12 new detailed products to upload & purchase, I'm afraid they'll all get rejected due to "too fine detail". They've all been checked with shapeways auto-check system. Again, I would be soooo grateful if the "too fine detail" reasoning for rejecting my new models is completely & entirely ignored from now on, it's killing any possibility of selling items with you guys on Shapeways or outside of Shapeways website.

claw3.jpg

Last edited: Jan 16, 2019
  12. GeomatrixDesigns
    Another example of bronze steel. I really need to get this printed for my customer, the "detail too fine" bug is killin' me. The detail shown here that you guys printed is awesome for steels, please print my models! :)

I've placed the order again with a version that is slightly thickened as well, it passes all the auto-checks, please do not reject it again because of "too fine details", it's fine like it is.

Not getting any real answers contacting customer service by email quite yet, I would like to get some confirmation that my models will be "print it anyway" when I make an order, I can't afford to pay twice or three times for every order & wait for refunds over a non-issue(detail too fine).

claw4.jpg

Last edited: Jan 16, 2019
  13. lefteri
    lefteri Shapeways Employee CS Team
    Hello @GeomatrixDesigns

I'm sorry to say that we are only able to provide a "Print It Anyway" option for the following materials:

• All Versatile Plastic Finishes, excluding Premium
    • Professional Plastic
    • Fine Detail Plastic
    • All Sandstone finishes
    https://www.shapeways.com/support/print-it-anyway

If a model is flagged for printability concerns, you will typically be given an option to either update the file and keep it active on the same order or to have our team repair it. I see that my colleague is working with you and sent a follow up email yesterday with advice on how to proceed.

jimmyadvice likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.