Interactions Vase & Bowl for Glazed Ceramics

Discussion in 'Feature this!' started by dizingof, May 19, 2011.

1. dizingof
    dizingof New Member
  2. stop4stuff
    stop4stuff Well-Known Member
    Kerplunk anyone?

Seroiusly, Dizingof, you're really craking off some nice designs for ceramics, keep it up!

3. mctrivia
    mctrivia New Member
    you should make the inside smooth instead of having the constant wall thickness would drastically reduce the cost and make easier to clean.

4. dizingof
    dizingof New Member
    You need to balance between a reasonable wall thickness and a smooth surface - if i were to Boolean a ball or a cylinder on the above models to smooth their inner surface i would cut a lot on the printing cost BUT i doubt shapeways will allow it for printing with wall thickness that exceeds 3mm by as much as twice or 3 times...

After extensive testings i came out with a balanced solution - instead of hollowing out a ceramics model with 0.2 surface detail - as i usually been doing in the past years to cut material cost - i went for 3mm
    - that smoothed most of the bumps and "valleys" of the inner surface yet kept the wall thickness just a little over 3mm.

For the following new model, i managed to cut printing cost by 35% (thou it's still pricey..)

Fire Vase

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I will thou, asks CS to check a test model with full inner wall surface to see if they accept a 5 or 10mm wall thickness ..

5. mctrivia
    mctrivia New Member
    i read some where max thickness is 15mm.

6. dizingof
    dizingof New Member
    Interaction Vase was redesigned smoothed and size increased with a 10+mm thick walls.

Printing cost reduced by 35%.