IMHO, Shop inventory management is...

Discussion in 'Shapeways Shops' started by fx, Apr 21, 2014.

1. fx
    fx Well-Known Member
    Today I tried to manage the items in my shop, but it was a pure waste of my time. When I put a number (for instance "1" or "5" ...) in the display order box, I almost always get a message: "no changes made". This system simply doesn't work, at least for me.

2. AmLachDesigns
    AmLachDesigns Well-Known Member
    This has been reported so many times over such a long period of time, unfortunately without any action or even response.

The shop maintenance and setup tools are not good, and have languished without attention for a long time.

Good luck.

3. kimberlylin
    kimberlylin Member
    Hi fx and AmLchDesigns,

Thanks for reporting and sharing your frustration. We know we should be better at this. We are making gradual investments to various parts of shop management tools and hope it will address issues like the ones you raised. Please stay tuned.

Kim
    Product Manager

4. MrNib
    MrNib Well-Known Member
    Your parts can only be ordered if they are available for sale. I think.

5. woody64
    woody64 Well-Known Member
    This topic was reported several times for months now and nothing has changed.

I can't understand why a proper shop management interface isn't a top priority for Shapeways

As we know most of the people are leaving a side very quickly. So managing the entry side is a major issue to attract customers.

- Even if the inventory management works it's a nightmare in usage (I stopped that now the 4th time within a year very frustrated)
    - Why are new items placed on top of the list. Thus any ordering done before is destroyed (there is an ordering criteria newest which does that if wished)
    - As short term action maybe it would make sense to have a default ordering criteria for a shop (so the shop owner can decide if he wants to see possible customers the "Newest", "Most popular" .... items)

Woody64

6. geraldinebrag
    geraldinebrag Member
    Please, give some tips that are relevant for 2021, I will be very grateful to you.

7. woody64
    woody64 Well-Known Member
    After a long period of time I have tried that once more and it seems to work.

Now it's possible to place the shop items a possible customer should see first at the start page "default order".

Even when using an existing number the rest of the items was shifted correctly when the number already is occupied by another item. At least in the past that was impossible.

So today I could bring the most interesting items on the front page within minutes.

Screenshot-20210816182652-1508x1030.png