I Would Love To Test A Home Version Of Your Tools And Automatic Check And Balances.

Discussion in 'Shapeways Beta Testers' started by cherokeeblade, May 18, 2019.

1. cherokeeblade
    cherokeeblade Well-Known Member
    Hi
    I been asking for this for years. Can you make a home version of your tools pages and automatic check and balances..
    Most my time is lost uploading and down loading or even hanging up in your system or rejected. Because of your automatic and manual checks. Catches something that Netfabb and meshlabs did not or one the many other services out there that does 3d file checking.
    That say the file passes. But then when hits your system find something wrong.
    Also MeshLab is outdated one the software you recommend has not been updated since 2016. So it crashes a lot or miss things now days.
    Also nettfabb does not check the thickness of model. Like for thin walls and wires. Or least I found no setting it to fix that problem. That it will catch it. I end up using yours shapeways check and balances for final file.. Even if I don't upload it to be printed out. I found your system catches things that even other online check sites don't catch.
    I think if you release a home version of yours. Your system would run better.
    Also you would not see as many uploads and download times. That slow the whole process for everyone.
    For me that my biggest waste of time is waiting for the file to be process..... Not how the website looks...

3DAircrew and Malwen like this.
  2. AlanHudson
    AlanHudson Shapeways Employee Dev Team
    I don't see a way we could do that. There are licensing issues with the software we'd have to overcome and significant deployment issues(operating systems, services that require GPU's etc). We continually work to make them better, but I understand relying on a remote service can be frustrating.

3. ZapWizard
    ZapWizard Active Member
    Meshmixer does a good job of checking and fixing files.