I Want To Get Into Rc Cars But I Don't Know Where To Start.

Discussion in 'RC Cars, Boats and Planes' started by 2658500_deleted, Jan 8, 2020.

1. I've seen so many cool videos on YouTube about them and I want to get into them but there is so much, I don't know where to start. Here are some of the questions I have, What are some good beginner cars to get me into the hobby? Should I chose gas or electric? What would be best for on and off road driving? Any answers help, Thanks!

2. For your first car go electric, Nitro really shined for a brief period of time when it was faster than electric and somewhat reliable, that era has passed since brushless motors and lipo battery came about.

If you will be bashing around your backyard and the road get an off road car or truck. A good car to start with is something simple, inexpensive and upgradeable. my first choice would be the tamiya Midnight pumpkin or Lunchbox, they will move easily through grass, they will be a bit tippy on the street. You should also look into the Tamiya hornet and grasshopper, being lower they will be slower on grass but better on road. If you want something more $ a Traxxas bandit or Rustler would do what you want. There are many more options but these models have been around forever and are proven designs with many upgrades and parts availability.