I Opened An Account, But When I Hover Over "make"... Nothing

Discussion in 'Bug Reporting' started by AnnieJaxx, Oct 8, 2018.

1. AnnieJaxx
    AnnieJaxx Member
    I am looking forward to getting started here, but I can't seem to set up my store at all. Thank you.

2. mkroeker
    mkroeker Well-Known Member
    With the latest (and strangest) site redesign many functions have been moved under that "nine little squares" icon in the top left corner. Also note that prices are currently very much in flux especially on new accounts, see recent postings in the Official Announcements.

AnnieJaxx likes this.
  3. AnnieJaxx
    AnnieJaxx Member
    Thanks, mkroeker. This is different than any tutorials. While I have you here. I was wondering if you know if it is possible to put designs from the pendant creator into your shop? I've tried emailing this question a few days ago, but can't figure out if or how you can do it.

4. AnnieJaxx
    AnnieJaxx Member
    I tried the nine squares and still can't access my shop. I can only see my profile from the right.

5. MrNibbles
    MrNibbles Well-Known Member
    The pendant creator should create a model, and from the model there's a button at the upper right of the page that creates a product that can be sold. You will need to edit the product to select materials that the object can be sold in, set markups assuming you want to make some money, enter a description, tags, etc. You will also need to click the for sale and make public boxes to have the product appear in your shop. You will however need to first create a shop and give it a name before the product will show up in your shop.

I think you also need to set up a product before the shop will become visible although my memory is fuzzy about the specifics. Add to that recent potential changes in how things work and you might need to do some experimenting or send a message to the support staff to help you out.

AnnieJaxx likes this.
  6. mkroeker
    mkroeker Well-Known Member
    Could be that shop creation is still disabled for "new" accounts - I think I saw that mentioned after the redesign. Best send email to service@shapeways.com to get a definite answer on this.

AnnieJaxx likes this.
  7. platonicgems
    platonicgems Member
    New site design is very unintuitive and confusing. Shop settings button in the grid menu has a meaningless icon. It doesn't make any sense. Gear like symbol maybe??? Click on it and see what happens.
    GridMenu.png

AnnieJaxx likes this.
  8. AnnieJaxx
    AnnieJaxx Member
    I couldn't even find anything that says "View Shop" at all, PlatonicGems. I so appreciate the help everyone. I did send an email. Thank you!