I Can't Find The Download My Model Button Anywhere

Discussion in 'Customer Service' started by bwah, Jun 23, 2018.

1. bwah2
    bwah2 Member
    Guess what I see on my dummy /test account? That's right, a DOWNLOAD button, that works, with the old layout.

I think this is going to upset a lot of people. If I had got an email from them telling me things were going to hange and this is the way things are now, I would GLADLY ''store'' my files elsewhere.

I'm honestly not one for creating a fuss, but this has me livid.

There is also a technical fubar for them to fix, because it never loads right with the new layout, yet loads straight away with the old layout.

''If it ain't broke...''

2. Moms_Sphagetti
    Moms_Sphagetti Shapeways Employee CS Team
    Hi Everyone,

Thank you all for your feedback and we do like to extend our apologies on the matter! This is a very basic version of our new upload model process that's being implemented and as such some of the features available previously have not been available.

Please note, in the final version of the model upload page, all of the previous features, including updating and downloading your model, will be available as we would not remove important functions like those from the process as we know how important they are to you.

Hope this helps clear things up!

All the best,

3. bwah
    bwah Member
    1) Thank you for getting back to me and the rest of the community!

2) Thank you for the good news about the ''download'' button, but when will those of us have a problem see it once again?

3) Can you talk to your Customer Service team and tell them the same news as well because they seem convinced the download button has been removed, never to return. You and they are not saying the same things. It misleading and frustrating.

I got this just today:

''Unfortunately this feature has been depreciated.

This means that we are no longer able to offer the download function.

This new upload flow/model edit is slowly rolled out, this means that your second account will also soon get the new experience.

Your current account was switched due to not having ever created an order and thus seen as "new" user even though you've uploaded files in 2013.

All new users are automatically seeing the new flow.

I'm really sorry.

Best,
    Mitchell''.

4. bwah
    bwah Member
    Well, as it stands you have a big problem with this new layout, as uploading a file goes into a loop.

The same thing happens when an existing file is trying to be loaded when I click on ''edit''. I have tried with I.E., Chrome, Firefox and now, Opera, as a last resort.

All have the same broken layout, so, can you please tell me when this new layout will be ''complete'' with the download button etc, as the problems with the models loading seem to coincide with the removal of ''download'' and the new layout.

I do not get any of these problems using your older layout, with my secondary test account. Everything works and the ''more details'' download button works.

5. jimmyadvice
    jimmyadvice Shapeways Employee CS Team
    @bwah

I talked to our product team and we should have the download, file update and product page creator processes back (for the new upload process) within 2-3 weeks.

6. merana33
    merana33 Member
    I'm still not seeing the download button. Can we get an updated ETA on this?

7. jimmyadvice
    jimmyadvice Shapeways Employee CS Team
    Hi @merana33

To download your models, you can select the overflow menu (3 vertical dots) that are on the right hand side of every model entry on your models page:

https://www.shapeways.com/mymodels

See attached image

Attached Files:

lawrencekramer2014 likes this.