Howdy SW!

Discussion in 'Newcomers Lounge' started by Bren926, Aug 12, 2011.

1. Bren926
    Bren926 New Member
    Hi everyone! You might know me from, well a lot of things, but I've decided to start (or at least try) making LEGO minifig accessories! I've really no clue how to do it, though. I use Google Sketchup, but I'm not sure what sizes to use. Could someone please give some pointers on Minifig stuff?

2. Drawn_Steel_Hero
    Drawn_Steel_Hero New Member
    Heya, Bren. I got linked to this pic a while back; you'll have to zoom in somewhat to see it properly, but it's got most of the key dimensions on it. Good luck with your gubbinz! :D

98_minifig_drawing_patent_af.jpg

3. Bren926
    Bren926 New Member
    Wow! How perfect! I only have one very noobish question, what the unit of measurement I should use?

4. Drawn_Steel_Hero
    Drawn_Steel_Hero New Member
    Pleasure, bud. The measurements are all in millimetres.

Actually, I've found another one that may come in useful, too. This one covers most of the external dimensions of a minifig. Some of the measurements seem fractionally different to the patent picture, but only by hundredths of a millimetre.

Picture 14.png

EDIT: Actually, it's just occurred to me that some of the measurements on the patent picture (the first one) are measured in "P", which would be the height of one LEGO flat plate (1/3 of a brick).

Last edited: Aug 13, 2011
  5. ana_xyz
    ana_xyz New Member
    @Bren welcome!

@Drawn-Steel Hero that is seriously useful. Thanks. :)