How do I set which material/price is publicly displayed first?

Discussion in 'Shapeways Shops' started by Piggy, Apr 20, 2011.

1. Piggy
    Piggy Member
    Hey all!

The first price people see in the public gallery for one of my pendants is the stainless steel price of $80.something dollars, whereas it'd be a more attractive piece if people could see the lower price for the wsf material (which is ok to use for this item as well)

I don't want people browsing to be turned off by a small pendant that's expensive simply because the cost shown is for an expensive material. My other items are automatically advertised using one of the cheapest material costs, and I'm not sure why that's not the case with my recent upload.

I tried unchecking SS from my Product Inventory Management, but it STILL shows up!

Any advice/help would be much appreciated!

Last edited: Apr 20, 2011
  2. bluelinegecko
    bluelinegecko Well-Known Member
    I hope Shapeways adds this feature soon too. I've uploaded a few custom pet tags that can double as pendants and I've run into this problems with the silver prices as well. If I allow Silver in the materials list it defaults to showing that price over the stainless steel prices. Most people will be turned off if they see the silver price for a pet tag, though I'd like to keep silver listed for anyone who wants a silver version for their pets or to wear themselves. I hate to have to upload multiple copies of the files and set different material settings for each but thats the only work around I've found so far.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2011
  3. woody64
    woody64 Well-Known Member
    Yes I also would like to have a prefered material, which results in also a price shown as default and also results as default material when somebody orders!

4. Kaetemi
    Kaetemi Member
    What about displaying something like "Available from xx$ to xx$", instead of just one price?

5. baltimore
    baltimore Member
    Yes, many of my friends/potential customers are turned off by the high price and often wont even scroll down to check the other prices. they see a $75 price tag and just move on

6. 65258_deleted
    65258_deleted Member
    This is a good feature idea, I'll see what we can do! :)

7. Zefig
    Zefig Member
    This would be an awesome feature, especially if it listed the price range.

8. mattnz
    mattnz Member
    Yes, Please bring in this feature!

9. mctrivia
    mctrivia Well-Known Member
    already implemented. under default material