Horse rearing

Discussion in 'My Work In Progress' started by DELETE1115steffiera, Apr 20, 2012.

1. DELETE1115steffiera
    DELETE1115steffiera New Member
  2. CharGyse
    CharGyse New Member
    Nice work. Is it hollow at all?

At first I wondered if it would stay upright better without being propped up if it had it's own plinth, but then I had another idea that wouldn't mean adding extra material, and would actually make it use up less material:

If you hollowed out the front half of the horse so that it was lighter than the back half, then the center of gravity would be pushed back and down to somewhere in between the back hooves and the tail, preventing it from overbalancing forward.

What do you think? You would have to find somewhere inconspicuous to put a hole in to let the material out, but it might be worth the effort :)
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2012
  3. DELETE1115steffiera
    DELETE1115steffiera New Member
    thanks for your feedback :) No its not hollow. I made it using sculptris and i'm not sure if it's possible to hollow out models using this software. I love your idea though! I'm pretty sure that hollowing out the top of the model would make it stand. I will need to consider this in my future models. Thanks again!
  4. Youknowwho4eva
    Youknowwho4eva Shapeways Employee Community Team
    As far as I know you can't hollow in sculptris. I open it in blender to hollow it.
  5. GryphRaptor
    GryphRaptor New Member
    I just started on a similar project, and am wondering what steps you use in Blender to hollow a model out? Are there any other steps that need to take place before hollowing a model from Scupltris out? I tend to use multiple starter spheres for different parts of my models, so one thing I'm worried about is when I export a model from Sculptris to Blender, does the model need to be made into one single piece, I'm assuming that all the overlapping pieces of spheres remain on the inside of the model, unseen.