Hiring 3d Designer For Simple Design

Discussion in '3D Design Requests' started by jvyphm, Dec 19, 2018.

1. jvyphm
    jvyphm Member
    I am currently looking for some assistance in regards to having a simple design made which I highly doubt would take a lot of time. As someone who is inexperienced with 3D designing (or modeling), I find it difficult for me to put my design into actuality to be prepared for 3D printing. What my design entails is simply a cube frame. The faces would need to be cut so that glass can be inserted in the face of a set parameter. I would also need the inner edges of the frame to be sized in a way and made room for material that I will be adding in it. Also note, the frames in themselves would need to be detachable and re-attachable because that's how I would be sliding the mirrors into the frame (as you will make the design fit perfectly for the mirror and connect all in one piece).

Specifications:
    - The frame must have on its sizes (where the faces are) have a placement that will allow me to slide the mirror in and be held in place all together once the cube pieces are all attached to each other and there is a slight distance from the outer frame and the inner frame meaning there is a small distance from where the frame is placed/slide in and the outer part of the whole frame in itself. The size of my mirror that I plan to have slide in all around each of the 6 faces is: 9x9" but may change.

- The thickness of the mirror will be 1/8" which will allow you to think about how to design how the mirror will be slide into the frame as my design request requires.

- The connecting corners, must be clean and not a simple connector that is basically a three way connector that is a square insertion which would mean there is a rigid feeling if you were to slide your hand across the frame in a square shape and feel a sudden shift in height. By that I mean, the connector pieces must be made in a way that it could be connected cleanly and have no uneveness.

- The inner part must be able to have 10mm room to place strips.

Other than that, if one needs clarification or more information of the request, please let me know!

2. kaadesign
    kaadesign Well-Known Member
    PM sent...

3. stonysmith
    stonysmith Well-Known Member Moderator
    A 9" cube (even if just a frame) is going to be very expensive to print in 3d... perhaps $500 or more.
    Is that within your budget?
    A much cheaper option would be finding some extruded aluminum rails with the right shape for the sides, and then just 3d-print the corner brackets.

4. jvyphm
    jvyphm Member
    I appreciate your response but however, that will not be the case, thankfully. As my makerspace (provided by my uni) provides free printing up to an extent :)