Hire-a-designer To Become Design With Shapeways

Discussion in 'Official Announcements' started by que_sarah_sarah, Apr 19, 2018.

1. Dotsan
    Dotsan Well-Known Member
    Is this feature open to international designers?

2. victoriam
    victoriam Shapeways Employee Community Team
    Hi Dotsan, we are working to open it to everyone internationally soon.

I'll keep you updated.

Thanks!

Silvanus likes this.
  3. fbb49a6
    fbb49a6 Member
    ב"ה

I don't quite understand this -- I design my own jewelry on 3D and I've gotten pretty good at using the software. Is there a way I could earn money doing that through this site?

Debbie

4. TinkerinTom
    TinkerinTom Member
    @que_sarah_sarah,

So excited to hear about this. I had wondered about this a few weeks ago. I tried clicking the apply link and it appears nothing loads but the background screen. Do you have another link I could try? I would be interested in assisting with this.

-Tom

Silvanus likes this.
  5. Zandoria
    Zandoria Active Member
    How is this service going to work? I see now that instead of viewing profiles of the designers, and browsing through. There is a form to create a creative brief and enter your email address...

Is Shapeways going to forward those requests for a quote? How are you intending to matchup designers to the requests?

Peter3D and dNello like this.
  6. I am HORRIFIED! All I wanted was to have a file fixed and your "hire a designer" page wants me to pay $700-1200! NO WAY! I liked the old system where you could work out a fee with a designer yourself. It was much more reasonable. I plain old can't do my project now so you've lost my business.

Dotsan likes this.
  7. UniverseBecoming
    UniverseBecoming Well-Known Member
    Hi Meef! :)

What's your project about? There is still the old way where you post what you're wanting to get done here and then lots of designers will give you quotes. I'd offer to help you create what you're wanting but I am up to my eyeballs with projects. I think I'm busier now than I've ever been in my whole life! Where is the light at the end of this tunnel? :D

I would like to know from someone at Shapeways how the $700 to $1200 quote was generated. What goes on behind the scenes these days when someone follows the steps starting on the Design With Shapeways page? Are Shapeways' designer employees involved?

8. Mohsen_Abbasi
    Mohsen_Abbasi Well-Known Member
    I thought, they will fix problems, but they caused new problems!

9. Thanks, I’ll go, there! I’d also like to know why the quote came out like that. My 3D file is of a doll head and all the page asked me is the category of product, how much detail I wanted and I the material. I don’t feel like they asked me enough information before coming up with the price.