Help with Shapeways Youtube Tutorial and Blender

Discussion in 'Software and Applications' started by 71054_deleted, Oct 20, 2011.

1. 71054_deleted
    71054_deleted Member
    Hey guys,

I found this fantastic tutorial - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yasl_r2DNv4 - from shapeways

Are there any step by step instructions anywhere? I'm using Blender 2.5 and the tutorial is in 2.49 (I think) so I'm already confused.

This would be such a fantastic tutorial for newbies!!! Shapeways I'm sure you would generate tons of business from this, I've spent weeks searching on google, lots of people are looking for a tutorial like this.

I'm stuck at the set material 'map input', how do you do this in 2.5?

Anyone have an idiots guide to this? :blush:

2. duann
    duann Member
    Hey Cadalu,

I will defer to Bart, our Blender expert, he is setting up for Dutch Design Week right now but I will flag this for him to answer...

Thanks and good luck!!!

3. 71054_deleted
    71054_deleted Member
    Thanks Duann. I was just hoping there were instructions somewhere but I hunted around and there's not. I'd love to see more SW for dummies, or modeling for complete morons or something like that.

Sigh, I need an emoticon wearing a dunce hat... Blender and my brain still don't mix!

4. bartv
    bartv Member
    Hi Cadalu,

I think we'd have to re-do the entire tutorial for Blender 2.5 (or rather 2.60 by now!). I don't have a quick answer, sorry.

Bart

5. The IRC channels at #Blender or #Blenderchat on Freenode is a great spot to get blender modelling help, or in your case help translate 2.49 techniques into 2.5 series of blender.