Help Problem Creating Shop

Discussion in 'Shapeways Shops' started by squonkers, Jun 18, 2018.

1. squonkers
    squonkers Member
    Good evening,

I wish to open a shop with my model that I have already uploaded, here is the problem though :

When I click on open shop, it tells me that I have to upload a model to be able to open one,
    so I have uploaded my model, into my models. Then when I click on my models, to be able to edit it, so that it can be turned into a product, I seem to have a problem, it takes me straight to a page where I can buy my model. It doesn't give me any option of "edit product with this model" ( this button does not appear on the top right of my screen, or anywhere on my screen for that matter) so that I can add the model "for sale" .

I have taken some screen shots to show you what I mean.
    Any help would be much appreciated as I have been trying since this morning to no avail. 1.PNG 2.PNG 3.PNG 4.PNG

2. MrNibbles
    MrNibbles Well-Known Member
    That looks similar to the new model page they were developing 2 or 3 months ago that was activated if you opted into beta features on your setting>profile page. However I can't seem to get my model page to look like that so I assume it's the result of you not having a shop (which is your primary problem).

In theory once you upload a model you should be allowed to open a shop, and then create a product page from your model page using a button at the top right corner that says something like "Sell this Model." I might try a different web browser first and maybe things will work correctly. Otherwise you need to send an email to Shapeways customer service since recent site changes or broken software could be the problem. I don't think there are many, if any, Shapeways employees monitoring the forum these days.
    https://www.shapeways.com/contact

3. squonkers
    squonkers Member
    probably a problem with the site
    shapeways response

Thank you for waiting.
    We are in the process of revamping the the Model Upload flow on our website.
    This means that at the moment we are not allowing new uploads to be turned into products which can be sold.

We'll be working hard to revamp this process and hope to have more information in the near future.

My sincere apologies for the inconvenience.
    Mitchell

4. Ontogenie
    Ontogenie Well-Known Member
    Hi Mitchell,

Any news on when this will be fixed? I'm trying to set up a new shop and there's no option for setting the model to sell and there are also no printability checks.

Thanks!
    Kimberly

5. solarops
    solarops Member
    Trying to setup a new shop ... having the exact same issue. Is there any ETA for when these upgrades will be completed?

6. MitchellJetten
    MitchellJetten Shapeways Employee CS Team
    From what I can see in the latest communication, expect it to be back at the end of next week

7. davidjgrzesik
    davidjgrzesik Member
    Thanks, looking forward to it, been a frustrating few weeks trying to figure this out.

8. Petes
    Petes Member
    Would you please consider putting a message in the website, that way you would have saved me (and your customers) many days with long hours of frustration.

"You must have at least one product before you may open a shop", "You must have at least one product before you may open a shop", "You must have at least one product before you may open a shop"...

That message now makes me feel dizzy and nauseated.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2018
    travismchenry likes this.
  9. quadproz
    quadproz Member
    Same experience here. And by the looks of things, Shapeways isn't looking to fix it anytime soon. It's very frustrating and is not necessary. The fact that this process has been broken for such a long time shows a lack of concern. Not to mention that I don't see any responses from any Shapeways moderators at all. It makes me think that their product manager doesn't care and that this may not be the place to promote my designs. Very disappointing.

Petes likes this.
  10. MrNibbles
    MrNibbles Well-Known Member
    They might be revamping many things at one time before they open things up for new shops to be established. This would fall along the line of their recent hinted announcement that they would be trying to work the bugs out of new features and formats before introducing them publicly. On the other hand that runs somewhat contrary to there being two different flavors of the model editing page existing in the ecosystem.
    ¯\_( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)_/¯

11. Azrael88
    Azrael88 Member
    I am new to this and I am having the same problem. It doesn't give me an option to edit the models for sale it only gives me an option to buy them.

caprel likes this.
  12. caprel
    caprel Member
    same prob. for me ... can't make a shop :-(

13. MitchellJetten
    C

Correct, it's currently not possible to turn models into products, which means that you can't create a shop (since that requires products).

As mentioned, the latest communication I've seen mentioned this should be brought back at the end of this week :)

14. RealmKnight
    RealmKnight Member
    It is now a week later and still same problem...

15. Petes
    Petes Member
    Yes, this website is showing signs of severe issues, good luck and bye.

16. MitchellJetten
    Hey guys,

Sorry, we haven't been able to launch this feature last week as you might have noticed.
    Let me check in with the dev team to get an update and i'll get back to you guys ASAP.

Mitchell

ps. sorry you feel this way Petes, bye

17. MitchellJetten
    Hi guys,

It looks like the new UI that includes the button to turn a model into a product is set to be launched next Monday (30th).
    For this reason you're not able to use the upload flow and easily turn a model into a product.

However, if you're fine with a small workaround, you can still turn models into product by using this link:
    https://www.shapeways.com/product/create?modelId=0000000

Change the 0000s to the model ID shown in your URL

example model ID:
    View attachment 276550

dmilkie likes this.
  18. jayme_riley
    jayme_riley Member
    I could not get the above work around to work then this morning i get a email from shapeways telling me the site has been updated and to check it out. No surprise the make product function is still not working so new acccounts still have no way to start a shop or add product to the marketplace. This is becoming extremely frustrating it’s not much to ask to put the make product function back on the site so shapeways could make more money but apparently that’s not a priority to them.