Help For 3d Printing A Video Game Character Model....

Discussion in 'Design and Modeling' started by afzal200308, May 13, 2019.

1. afzal200308
    afzal200308 Member
    Hi,
    I have been wanting to 3D print a video game model for weeks now and have been trying to design it the in whichever way i desire.Now the problem is that i have a model that doesn't have any textures to it but only the meshes.I also have a model with textures but whenever i try to upload it to any 3D viewer it shows the model without textures.Any on how to fix this would be greatly appreciated...Thank you!( i have uploaded a file with only the textured obj and a zip with the repaired obj and textures seperately (rigged) and the original model)

Also im not too good at this and any help would be greatly appreciated thanks again!

Attached Files:

2. Shea_Design
    Shea_Design Well-Known Member
    Your fully textured model is an exploded mess, but the materials ID's are in place. Your repaired model is fine but has only 1 material ID. The original file does not have the correct mapping coordinates (I only tested the head). Maybe try an FBX export or if you can address the explosion that file could possible be made to output the model you seek. I bet you were hoping to hear from someone else ;)

3. afzal200308
    afzal200308 Member
    thank you so much for replying and yeah i was expecting someone else....you have my endless gratitude(thank you!)and yes i'll try an FBX or ill try and fix my mess thanks a lot anyways!