Hello Shapemakers

Discussion in 'Newcomers Lounge' started by adminsmithee, May 7, 2013.

1. adminsmithee
    adminsmithee New Member
    Hello I'm a Dutch media designer from the Netherlands. I just joined this marvellous site and can't wait to see how this all pans out.
  2. Youknowwho4eva
    Youknowwho4eva Shapeways Employee Community Team
    Welcome! Let us know more about you!
  3. adminsmithee
    adminsmithee New Member
    Sorry about that :blush:

1) What brings you to Shapeways?
    I always wanted to get involved in 3D printing and since a descent 3D printer is out of reach for my Shapeways seams a perfect solution.
    2) Where are you from?
    I'm from the Netherlands, North Brabant. Close to Eindhoven.
    3) What are your interests or hobbies that you plan on using Shapeways for?
    I love to see my designs come to live. So i hope to make some money on the side that i can invest in my own projects
    4) Your software (Don't have one? Look here for a list of known compatible software!)
    I use Sketchup for most of my modelling and i use it daily for my work. but i know my way around 3dsMax. i also am very knowledgeable with the adobe suit
    5) Your experience level
    well let other people judge about that...

Here is my first Shapeways project
  4. Youknowwho4eva
    Youknowwho4eva Shapeways Employee Community Team
    Ah sweet! A pre-assembled Bird house. Thanks for sharing! You'll have to hook up with Bart, our European community manager. If you'd like to join a meetup in the area, or even check out the facility. I haven't even got to do that yet! (I'm in the US).
  5. mkroeker
    mkroeker Well-Known Member
    Looks more like an "insect hotel" to me - those seem to be the latest craze at least in Germany.
  6. adminsmithee
    adminsmithee New Member
    I will, thanx for the Tip! i love me some meetup
  7. adminsmithee
    adminsmithee New Member
    It's actual a decorative piece to attach to your home and/or garden plants. you attach it with a rubber band to the trunk of a plant (with a straight(ish)stem).
    I wonder if it would be possible to print it in Ceramic.