Hello from Texas

Discussion in 'Newcomers Lounge' started by JRThro, Jul 14, 2010.

1. JRThro
    JRThro New Member
    Hi, everyone.

I've been fascinated by 3D printing since the first time I ever heard of it, and I just signed up on Shapeways yesterday.

Don't know much about 3D design but I hope to learn to use Blender well enough to draw and print something out.

See you!

2. Youknowwho4eva
    Youknowwho4eva Shapeways Employee Community Team

Welcome. We've had several members start up with little 3D knowledge, and step in with Blender and be able to make wonderful designs. Blender does take patience, but from what I've seen it can make some wonderful designs (Wish I had the patience :p). So keep up with it, and there are plenty of helpful individuals here to help you along the way.
  3. jmw326
    jmw326 New Member
    Hey John,

I am new here as well. What part of Texas are you from. I am in San Antonio.
  4. artur83
    artur83 New Member
    You can start to get a feel for Shapeways, and get your 1st 3d model just by sketching it on paper. :)
    why not enter our "Draw your own earrings sweepstakes" ?
    at the very least it may give you a 10% discount on your order.

Warm welcome to the community, and don't hesitate to ask questions on these forums, we have a very knowledgeable and helpful community.

5. JRThro
    JRThro New Member
    I've lived in Houston since 1992, but I am from the suburbs of St. Louis, Missouri.