Hello from France

Discussion in 'Newcomers Lounge' started by cinemo, Jun 1, 2012.

1. cinemo
    cinemo Member
    Hello everyone,

My name is Emmanuel, I am a freelance graphic designer, I live near Paris, France and I produce images and 3D animations for communication, advertising and event-marketing agencies for quite some years now, but this is the first time I attempt to make "real" objects.
    So far my work only exists as pixels on a screen or ink drops on a sheet of paper. Now, with 3D printing, I have the opportunity to turn my ideas into real and solid objects, the kind you can hold in your hand, it is very exciting !

There are other sites that offer 3D printing services, but I think that Shapeways offers the best choice, there is a wide variety of very good quality models. Also the forum is very reactive, this is very helpful for a beginner like me.

For my work I mainly use Cinema 4D, and from time to time ZBrush and 3DCoat, but for modeling objects to be printed I rather use MOI (Moment Of Inspiration, https://moi3d.com/) which is better suited for this type of work.

Here is the address of my shop: https://www.shapeways.com/shops/cinemo

There is only one object at the moment (shipped last week), a pencil holder formed by the first 500 digits of Pi coiled on a spiral, but I have many projects underway : decorative objects, desk accessories, phone cases...

See you soon

Emmanuel

2. Youknowwho4eva
    Youknowwho4eva Well-Known Member
    Welcome Emmanuel!

Be sure to share some pictures of you item when it arrives! And feel free to share you experiences of getting a print from using MOI. I don't think I've seen models printed from MOI so it'd be nice to see any tips that another user may find useful. And of course if you need any help in the future, you know where to look!

3. cinemo
    cinemo Member
    Hi,
    I just put on sale in my shop a case for iPhone 4/4S that I modeled with MoI.
    The trickiest part was to drill the front panel with over a thousand small circles. The software needs several minutes to calculate the mesh but the result is perfect, and, as you can see from the picture below, the printed object has no flaws.
    If you have questions please feel free to ask.

Here is a picture and some screenshots of the interface of MoI, showing the evolution of work, you can see more photos of the case in this topic I posted on the forum "Feature this!" and of course in my shop.

Emmanuel

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]