Hearturtle - Transforming Pendant

Discussion in 'Feature this!' started by Sumero, Feb 5, 2017.

1. Sumero
    Sumero Member
    Hi everyone!

I developed a pendant that can transform itself both in a turtle and in a heart, inspired to the Illusionist Locket. The basic shape is an ellipse, but you can extract the legs, head and tail to obtain a turtle, or turn half of the ellipse to obtain an heart. In both the states this item can be worn. The legs have also small levers to make easier the extraction, and one of them has an hook to insert the wire in the heart configuration.
    [​IMG]

I created it for a girl who loves turtles for Christmas, and I refined it just in time for S. Valentine. I have done of my best to reduce the volume and the number of parts, and the Hearturtle is printed as a single part, that have to be cutted and assembled in its definitive shape. I would like to offer a single hearturtle version and one double version called twin hearturtle, more optimized.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

If you like this product you can find more details on their own page:
    Single Hearturtle: https://www.shapeways.com/product/PCW3XCKWX/hearturtle
    Twin Hearturtle: https://www.shapeways.com/product/W82LJP56G/twin-hearturtles

Thanks for your attention!
    Sumero Lira

gordonlardi and pendarestan like this.
  2. Youknowwho4eva
    Youknowwho4eva Well-Known Member
    Amazing! Could you work with the clearances to make it printed assembled?

3. Sumero
    Sumero Member
    This is an intersting idea, but the clearence for strong and flexyble is 0.5 mm and sadly the joints of the six pivots have to be subjected to friction. Otherwise the legs will exit in the heart shape and will return inside in the turtle shape without control! I created the levers to contrast this friction.
    In the actual model assembled there is no clearence between parts, and the pivots are lightly compressed to produce the correct amount of friction.
    I could provide a more expansive version with the 11 parts separated for an additional cost of 25 more euros for the end user, that it is not my policy. But if you think that it could be interesting for someone I can upload it!

4. LoveAndShapes
    LoveAndShapes Well-Known Member
    O wow... that's pure genius.. Love it!

Regards, Robert

5. Sumero
    Sumero Member
    Many thanks Visual Conduct :):)