Happy Hermit 3d - Full Product Line

Discussion in 'My Work In Progress' started by Vortical, Oct 11, 2018.

1. Vortical
    Vortical Well-Known Member
    Today I added a new product to my shop, The Proclaim-omatic Wobbling Desk Toy.
    [​IMG]

You can see the Proclaim-omatic in action here at Imgur.com.

This is a major milestone, for me, as it rounds out my plan for an initial product line offering "beauty, utility, and deep inner meaning, served up with a dollop of fun".

[​IMG]
    I began this journey four years ago, in 2014. I came to Shapeways to produce a metal component for an oil lamp I designed starting in Tokyo about 1995. Then Shapeways introduced ceramic, then porcelain, and so I could manufacture the entire lamp. I reasoned I needed a product line around the lamp to support sales, and so began a new leg of the journey. Shapeways shot the light out of my shop window when they had to discontinue porcelain (they had done splendid, careful work), but at last I have rebuilt.

"Nanakorobi yaoki" say the Japanese - "get knocked down seven times, get up eight". The Proclaim-omatic Wobbling Desk Toy expresses the Japanese spirit of "Gambaru" with a giggle. I hope it provides you with memorable moments of enjoyment, along with my other products at Happy Hermit 3D.

I hope this shop will shape up into a destination storefront in the Shapeways stable of designers, and perhaps be worthy of a "Feature This" come Christmas (once I improve the photography).

Thank you Shapeways, for making my dreams real.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2018 at 11:11 AM
    Rob_T_Firefly likes this.