Half Mob-Tor

Discussion in 'My Shapeways Order Arrived' started by Magic, Feb 6, 2013.

1. Magic
    Magic Well-Known Member
    Remember the Half Mob-Tor I discussed in the work in progress section?
    Well, it arrived!
    [​IMG]

I will be travelling next week so, as I could not wait my return, I took some bad pictures (very bad lighting condition, sorry) and made a quick video because I wanted to share my excitement: yes, it works!

Be sure to check the video!

Last edited: Feb 18, 2013
  2. stop4stuff
    stop4stuff Well-Known Member
    Brilliant!

3. Magic
    Magic Well-Known Member
    The pictures and the video have been updated in the first post.
    Here are some extra pictures:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I am now waiting for the metal version... I can't wait for it... :)

4. Magic
    Magic Well-Known Member
    And this time they arrived super-fast: 4 half Mob-Tor in 4 different materials.

I did not take pictures of the Sandstone one because the central axis snaped when I inserted a marble. This is not a big issue, I will perhaps do a new version for Sandstone (and peraps for metal too in order to have more flexibility) with the central axis already divided into two.

In the meantime, here are the models in
    Polished Strong and Flexible (yes, you already saw this one):
    [​IMG]
    Polished Alumide:
    [​IMG]
    and Antique Bronze:
    [​IMG]
    and a new video that shows all the three models in action with a marble.

For the metal one, I had to force to make the glass marble enter into the pendant (and I think I would need a tool to extract it again). But it rolls perfectly!
    In my opinion, it is perhaps a little bit heavy as a pendant though, but it is so fun that it worths every gram :).

Last edited: Feb 24, 2013
  5. stop4stuff
    stop4stuff Well-Known Member
    Wow! The marbles move really well!

6. Magic
    Magic Well-Known Member
    Yes, even the first one of the video (with a marble in Strong and Flexible) can turn very fast like the others, even if I did not show it on the video.
    But the best results are achieved with glass marbles, because they are very smooth. And with the Half Mob-Tor in Stainless Steel, as it has nearly no flexibility, the result is perfect because you cannot reduce the section of the torus where the marble move with the pressure of your fingers.

7. Magic
    Magic Well-Known Member
    Check also the new copy that arrived in Polished Gold Steel.