Gravitational Waves - Little Commission Pendant

Discussion in 'My Shapeways Order Arrived' started by Chrys, Dec 18, 2016.

1. Nickola
    Nickola Well-Known Member
    Sorry, I've just remember that the paper is in greek. I lost the engliish translation over the years.

It is quite simple though.. Maybe you'll understand from the equations only. Are you a physicist?

2. Nickola
    you have email

3. shawn_halayka
    shawn_halayka Well-Known Member
    No, not a physicist: I've never published a paper in a reputable journal.

Sure, send it on over. I don't know Greek. :)

4. Nickola
    give another email. that doesn't work!

5. shawn_halayka
  6. Nickola
    you have it now?

7. Nickola
  8. Nickola
    feedback if you like :)

9. shawn_halayka
    Sorry: I'm really not having a good time following your paper.

Thanks for sending your paper anyway! Best of luck to you in the future.

10. Nickola
    Me too! :) regarding your paper.

11. shawn_halayka
    Check out the newest version of the paper: See http://vixra.org/abs/1701.0614

I submitted the paper to a journal. I'm certain that they will reject the paper even before it gets to peer review, but you never know until you try, right?

Imagine having a 3D sample space, where you march along that space, taking a sample at every step. The sample equation is given in the paper... see equations 1 and 2. This (eventually) gives you a 3D triangle mesh that represents the event horizon. I use Marching Cubes for this tessellation: the iso value (also known as the threshold) that I use is 1, and that's where the event horizon is.

It turns out that the event horizon shape for two merging unit mass black holes resembles the Cassini ovals. Cassini ovals are a spiric section (vertical slices of a torus), and are visualized in the first 10 figures.

The last figure likely requires a generalization of Cassini ovals, where the torus being sliced is lopsided like a ring cyclide (Dupin cyclide). Attached is a PNG file, a picture of a ring cyclide. I used the implicit equation found in the link below, with a threshold value of 0:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dupin_cyclide#Elliptic_cyclides

What can I describe for you to help you understand?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 1, 2017
  12. shawn_halayka
    So the journal that I submitted the paper to has rejected the paper. Not a good sign. I'm going to submit to a different journal....

It turns out that the second journal rejected the paper. I will stop submitting the paper now.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2017 at 3:38 PM