Google Analytics tracking code problems

Discussion in 'Bug Reporting' started by Mezmera, Aug 23, 2012.

1. Mezmera
    Mezmera New Member
    Not sure if it is an InShape 2.0 bug since I added it for the first time, but the Google Analytics tracking code won't work on my shop, it is not detected by Google even after several days. When copy-pasting and saving it in the 'my shop' section, the code looks alright, but after reloading the page, only half of the code is displayed. Checked on both Firefox & Chrome.

2. ChristelM
    ChristelM Shapeways Employee CS Team
    Hi Mezmera,

I am sorry to hear this doesn't work. Is it possible for you to send an email to service@shapeways.com and maybe send us some screen shots as well?

After this we can have this forwarded to our Development Department.

Thanks,
    Christel

Customer Sevice Agent
    www.shapeways.com

3. Mezmera
    Mezmera New Member
    Oops, I think I found it already. I had assumed the tracking code would be what had to be filled in, like with normal websites, however according to a shapeways tutorial only the tracking ID is needed. The disappearing text makes sense since an input field for tracking ID can be much smaller than for tracking code. Sorry, my mistake...

Thanks for the quick reply though!

Perhaps it would be convenient to change the 'Google Analytics' label into 'Google Analytics tracking ID'?

4. ChristelM
    ChristelM Shapeways Employee CS Team
    Hi,

Good to hear you have figured out the problem! If you have got any other questions, you can always contact us about this by sending an email to service@shapeways.com.

I will also forward your suggestion to some colleagues of mine to see if this is an idea to have this changed.

Cheers,
    Christel

Customer Service Agent
    www.shapeways.com

5. Mezmera
    Mezmera New Member
    Hi Christel,

it seems the tracking ID doesn't work either, so I've sent a mail to service@shapeways.com. Thanks for the support!