G Scale (1:24) Passenger Car Seats Needed

Discussion in 'Miniatures and Scale Models' started by davidwp, Jun 26, 2018.

1. davidwp
    davidwp Member
    I am updating some old Kalamazoo 1:24 scale shorty passenger cars with improved chassis, interiors and paint:

[​IMG]

Kalamazoo was the US pioneer in G Scale trains but has long since been out of business. However, some of the tooling is owned by Hartland Locomotive Works and they manufacture some old Kalamazoo products (right here in Indiana, USA!). They have parts available but they have dropped their passenger car line and I am not having much luck buying the 40 back-to-back seats and 8 single seats that I need. Below is a sample of the Hartland back-to-back seat.
    1. Does anyone offer a 'single person wide' seat like this in any size that could be scaled to 1:24?
    2. My attempts at making my own files (with help) has gotten as far as doing some signs but my patience runs out at that point.
    3. Does anyone have any other idea about making these seats?
    Comments and suggestions are welcomed, thanks!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. stannum
    stannum Well-Known Member
    Personal use only? (Optionally clean the mold lines of that one, and) copy them with silicone and resin.

3. davidwp
    davidwp Member
    My intent is to put them in my shop because I have more passenger cars and a drover caboose to update later. So far everything in my shop has been for personal use since I have sold nothing.

I have cast some small pieces in the past but not optimistic about casting 40 plus pieces this size.

Thanks.

4. barkingdigger
    barkingdigger Well-Known Member
    Check your PMs!

Tom

5. davidwp
    davidwp Member
    Tom and others, Hartland dug around their warehouse and did find my 40 seats. They will need cleanup and painting but problem solved.

Thanks again.

6. southernnscale
    southernnscale Well-Known Member
    Well I did these. Done without measurements. Double back to back, Single Back to back, and a single! Little late just saw the post! maybe if you need more! took me 5 mins. to draw up!
    Seats.jpg

7. davidwp
    davidwp Member
    Got what I need but had discussed with a friend about making the side pieces separate. If you want the cushions a different color, masking is difficult. Thanks.