Full Information On Shipping Price Updates

Discussion in 'Official Announcements' started by que_sarah_sarah, Nov 8, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Magic
    Magic Well-Known Member
    I am in France. I am sad. :(

2. leoparder
    leoparder Member
    Shipping cost to France does not make sense at all. Shapeways really needs to realize they are not the only ones to offer 3d printing services. I'm gonna move to a cheaper supplier or to a supplier with better quality for the same price.

Buying a small jewelry item that can fit in a regular bubble letter, with 12euros shipping ? WHAT ?! You know I charge less for my clients that live across the world ?

3. Malwen
    Malwen Active Member
    At the start of this thread and on the Shipping Information page it says that shipping to the UK is now US$4.99. However, if I go to the shipping options page of my cart, the cost of shipping is given as £4.54, which is US$5.99. Please will someone look into this discrepancy?

FerretDesigns likes this.
  4. FerretDesigns
    FerretDesigns Well-Known Member
    It is an increase of 20% so I suspect it is VAT being charged on shipping.
    4.99/100*120=5.998

Malwen likes this.
  5. Malwen
    Malwen Active Member
    Ah yes, you're right. Now I've scrolled further down the Shipping Information page I see that it says "All prices exclude VAT and Sales Tax". Thank you @FerretDesigns

6. fessor2000
    fessor2000 Member
    That's a good point.

Often the prints could have been posted in a small box, but they've been placed in a big box with plenty of room to rattle around and break any delicate parts.

7. mkroeker
    mkroeker Well-Known Member
    Best contact shapeways when you receive a box that is improperly padded. The ones I got over the years have always been stuffed with bubble wrap, even if they were significantly bigger than necessary. It probably makes sense for an operation on that scale to stock only a limited selection of boxes even if this may mean shipping mostly air when an order is just barely too big for the next smaller box available or they happen to run out of a particular size.

8. Bigero
    Bigero Member
    Hi ,
    I am from Prague and $12.50 from Netherlands is to high. In east europe standard price for delivery is 3 of 4 euros.
    Solution is probably build one center in this area. I think it will increase of 3d products dramatically.

9. titus69
    titus69 Member
    Last order free shipping, but UPS charged 21 Eur for handling . So Items 25 Eur, shipping handling with UPS 28 Eur, (21 +tax) thats the real deal? Why?

10. lgrfbs
    lgrfbs Well-Known Member
    Sweden: I have not had to pay anything extra when collecting Shapeways packages. So I am sorry to have extra charges in your countries.