Full Information On Shipping Price Updates

Discussion in 'Official Announcements' started by que_sarah_sarah, Nov 8, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Following the post that was made on August 31st, we will be making additional changes to shipping prices shortly. Shipping costs via our third party carriers have changed over time, and we will be updating our prices to reflect this.

We listened to your feedback on the first post, and realized that it is important to deliver the full information on these changes to you. Below is more detail about these changes.

Prices have been updated by country in two phases. The first wave happened in August, a second wave of updates will happen today.

Here is a summary of the past changes:

In August, the cost of shipping to Germany was decreased for both standard and express shipping. The cost of shipping to Asia increased to US$26.

The following changes will take place today:

Standard shipping to Belgium, the Netherlands, Luxembourg, and the United Kingdom will decrease to US$4.99.

Shipping to the following European countries will decrease to US$12.50: Albania, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Faroe Islands, Gibraltar, Greenland, Guernsey, Iceland, Jersey, Macedonia, Moldova, Monaco, Serbia, Ukraine.

Shipping to the following European countries will increase to US$12.50 for standard shipping, and $26 for express shipping: Andorra, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Greece, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Malta, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, San Marino, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Vatican City State.

Shipping to countries in Africa, the Middle East, and Latin America (except Mexico and Puerto Rico) will increase to $30.

There are no planned changes to shipping in the following countries:

Australia, Austria, Canada, Ireland, Italy, Mexico, Puerto Rico, New Zealand, United States

Our current shipping information list is available here: Shipping Information

If you are in a location where shipping prices will change, you will also be sent an email at the time of the change. If you have questions for us, please feel free to reply to this thread.

Thanks everyone!

Last edited: Nov 9, 2017
  2. Malwen
    Malwen Well-Known Member
    Thank you for significantly decreasing the cost of shipping to the UK. This is going to make small orders far more affordable :)

FerretDesigns likes this.
  3. Labskull
    Labskull Active Member
    Increase for France, it's very bad :(

4. Have you considered offering other ways to ship?

With a flat rate of $12,5 to Denmark, shipping, which was already fairly expensive, is getting so bad that Shapeways is no longer an option for rapid prototyping with small production runs.

5. bonosoft
    bonosoft Member
    Seriously?

$12,5 for shipping to Denmark. DHL seems to charge $4.99, why is that not an option? Or standard mail?

If you do not come up with a better option, Shapeways will no longer be useful, sad but true.

- even a 5-10 days delivery time option will be ok if the price is right.

6. skyrre
    skyrre Member
    Current tax rules have an upper limit of about 37 USD (included shipping) before significant aditional fees apply. With 12,50 in shipping, an already tight limit becomes really hard to get below...

7. mkroeker
    mkroeker Well-Known Member
    Looks a bit like they are trapped in long-term contracts with UPS... perhaps there could be a new delivery option "print a parcel drone with my order"

Malwen likes this.
  8. pat13
    pat13 Member
    Shipping to France is too expensive, I will consider to change of provider.
    Shipping cost stop a lot of orders.
    Shipping was 9€ and now 12,89€
    It's really too much for small parts you put in a very big parcel when there is no need.
    Thanks

9. derf42
    derf42 Member
    Well:
    12$5 for shipping to France (and 4$50 for UK and germany)
    It's time for shapeways to consider other delivaries ( Mondial relay ...)

or time for me to seriously look for a local fab lab or even a personal 3D printer to share with other users (other modelists

For payment under 100$ shapewys will no longer be an option ...

Last edited: Nov 9, 2017
  10. sexton
    sexton Member
    Offer plain old mail for small items. $12.50 for a $6 item makes no sense.

11. trankata
    trankata Member
    Very bad news. €13 to Bulgaria for max.100grams :( .

12. pveiga74
    pveiga74 Member
    Increase to 12.50 for most of EU countries? Why? Anywhere from EU I pay max 9-10 and for a small package is even less (6-8). No thanks I'll find other places or sellers to buy from.

13. FerretDesigns
    FerretDesigns Well-Known Member
    As I am in the UK I am obviously very pleased to be having a decrease...
    Going from £8.48 to £4.54!
    It was always puzzling that the postage costs had jumped so high. When I started printing it was around £6, then jumped up to nearly £9 and some helpdesk people I spoke to blamed it on fluctuating exchange rates! No it really wasn't...lol.

I feel bad for anyone in Andorra, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Greece, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Malta, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, San Marino, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Vatican City State...
    I don't see why theirs has gone up when they were able to take the UK prices down.

aliciafelber likes this.
  14. mkroeker
    mkroeker Well-Known Member
    Probably they were now able to arrange a non-UPS form of "standard shipping" to the UK while UPS is increasing the delivery rates in all other EU areas (the other recent price drops appear to be DHL services)

15. railNscale
    railNscale Well-Known Member
    I still don't understand why SW is using giant boxes to ship micro sized items. You are transporting 99,5% air.
    Many of the designs could be even packaged in such way that it would fit a standard mail box.
    For small items shipping in Europe should be well within 5 euros.

16. glehn
    glehn Well-Known Member
    Shipping to Brazil is already expensive enough at US$19.99. Making it US$30 means no customers from Latin America anymore. Not to mention the outrageous fees that UPS charges.
    I really would like to see other shipping options for everywhere in the world.

FatimaMuhairi likes this.
  17. Roolz
    Roolz Well-Known Member
    Same as all the above.
    Shipping was already prohibitive in most cases. Now it's worse.

FatimaMuhairi likes this.
  18. AlanClogwyn
    AlanClogwyn Member
    Will the standard UK service remain UPS?

FerretDesigns likes this.
  19. Magic
    Magic Well-Known Member
    I am in France. I am sad. :(

20. thomasdroze
    thomasdroze Member
    Shipping cost to France does not make sense at all. Shapeways really needs to realize they are not the only ones to offer 3d printing services. I'm gonna move to a cheaper supplier or to a supplier with better quality for the same price.

Buying a small jewelry item that can fit in a regular bubble letter, with 12euros shipping ? WHAT ?! You know I charge less for my clients that live across the world ?