FUD & FD test print 1/40 figure

Discussion in 'My Shapeways Order Arrived' started by Kaetemi, May 14, 2011.

1. Kaetemi
    Kaetemi New Member
    FUD and FD at 1/40 standing next to the original 1/10 FCS.
    [​IMG]

FUD on the left, FD on the right. There are some tiny particles of dust on the arrived prints.
    For reference of the yellowish color, full color sandstone is whiter than frosted detail.
    [​IMG]

FUD on the left again, notice the odd layer shift that's seen on some other objects on this forum as well...
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 14, 2011
  2. dizingof
    dizingof New Member
    I cant say i like how they arrived (why the dirt all over?)
    but i do envy your VIEW !!!

3. Kaetemi
    Kaetemi New Member
    It's only a bit of dust, probably picked up from a tablecloth or something it was placed on during production/packaging. Nicely packaged, otherwise, inside the plastic bags inside an air bubble bag inside lots of packaging material inside a way too large box.

The tiny dark (burnt looking) tip of the hair on the FD print is only visible like that under direct light, and is very transparent in front of back lighting.

The only oddness would be the matte/glossy side borderline on the FUD print.

Last edited: May 14, 2011
  4. HappenstanceHeroes
    HappenstanceHeroes New Member
    Neat! I bet cell phone charm versions of any of your figures (solid-colour or given tiny hand-painted details) would be a fairly popular booth item at most cons. Once the weird layer-shifting thing so many are having has been fixed, anyway.

5. Kaetemi
    Kaetemi New Member
    Thanks. :)

I haven't had much time last few months to make new stuff, since I've been a bit busy with some studying (or at least pretending I'm studying).
    Going to work out some new designs after exams are done.

6. Spectoys
    Spectoys Well-Known Member
    Really cool !!!! :eek:

7. Nane
    Nane New Member
    Incredibly sharp and clear, continuing to love the FUD. Seems like this will be the game changer allowing us to make perfectly detailed figures and statues. Looks like your prints may now be as smooth as the anime figures you upload. Very nice to see.

8. lensman
    lensman Well-Known Member
    Yeah, great work as usual, Kaetemi.

Glenn