FUD and FD arrived!

Discussion in 'My Shapeways Order Arrived' started by baltimore, May 16, 2011.

1. baltimore
    baltimore New Member
    I'm pleased. I ordered both Frosted Detail and Frosted Ultra Detail. Here are the pics.
    Here are the pics.

This model got rejected before in Transparent Detail. I remodeled it without the feathers, and ordered it in White Detail. Here you can see the incredible detail achieveable on models which were previously rejected for being too detailed.

FUD is on the left, and FD is on the right. Green Lantern rings in the back, and Duke Leto signet ring inlays from Dune in the middle, and DNA earrings up front.

My sister, wearing some earrings:
    Last edited: May 16, 2011
  2. baltimore
    baltimore New Member
    Hey, these DNA earrings are pretty flexible, too!
  3. LincolnK
    LincolnK New Member
    If that is an actual picture of your UPS guy delivering your package (which is what it looks like) from SW, you have got to win the award for most thorough "It arrived" documentation. LOL!

4. Nane
    Nane New Member
    Yeah I cracked up when I saw the UPS guy, like wow, someone was VERY excited to get their prints!
    Last edited: May 17, 2011
  5. BenRaceyModelling
    BenRaceyModelling New Member
    Yeah, am on good terms with my UPS guy now, even getting a wave when walking down the street! :laughing:

6. LincolnK
    LincolnK New Member
    I'm lucky if mine even knocks on my door. :(

He once chucked my package over the fence into my back yard and didn't even leave a note. Many days went by before I found it.
  7. Youknowwho4eva
    Youknowwho4eva Shapeways Employee Community Team
    Wow what did you do to the guy to deserve that? lol. Mine decided to climb over several bags of trash to put my package by my side door once (it was trash day) instead of just going to the front door.
  8. lensman
    lensman Well-Known Member
    Haha, but if they want money (as mine always does, being in Canada!) they have no problem coming to the door!

Incidentally, they stopped taking cash and yesterday I had to break out the credit card for a $4.53 charge...

9. Jettuh
    Jettuh Well-Known Member
    Yes Baltimore, like everyone wants to know: is that a reall UPS guys? :laughing:

My UPS guys comes about 5times a month,, and he always asks if the package contains just air (0,4kg) :laughing:
    He knows my name by now :rolleyes:
  10. mctrivia
    mctrivia New Member
    lensman. wow ups leaves my stuff all the time. they usually forget to send me a bill and 3 months later i get a past due notice. guess they are lazyer in winnipeg
  11. lensman
    lensman Well-Known Member
    Haha, just start saying "Packages? What Packages? I never got no packages!" .... THEN they'd start knocking ;)

12. mctrivia
    mctrivia New Member
    they dont penalise me when i pay on the notice so i am not to worried. some times i send to the ups where house. get the package a day earlier but you have to go pick it up. must put your phone number in though if you do this.
  13. virtox
    virtox Active Member Moderator
    Wahaha, that UPS guys looks a lot like mine. perhaps they breed their own?

They always a joke about the light weight of the boxes. And they usually wave or honk when they see me on my bike in town.

Andy my UPS guys (yeah, I got two regulars ;) ) are very efficient.
    A while back, one left a note with a phone number and time, when I wasn't in at 10 am.
    I called and he brought the package same day at 14.00 again :)

I always have to sign for the package, they never leave it at the neighbour , let alone throw it over the fence :eek:

More on topic, that's a nice box full of goodies, like the earrings very much!
    And the material combination for the rings seems to work out very well!

Last edited: May 19, 2011
  14. stop4stuff
    stop4stuff Well-Known Member
    Scott, my regular UPS guy, will be visiting me tomorrow for the third time this week!