FIRST 3d HOUSE PRINTING

Discussion in 'My Work In Progress' started by 217715_deleted, Sep 21, 2012.

1. Hello All.

This is my first model to be 3d printed, so just wanted to see if anyone can give me any pointers?

The house is about 5" x 8" x 5" and costs 200$ right now in white strong flexible.

This is modeled in Lightwave.

I am wondering if we can print colors or textures like the roof or siding of the house?

And I am wondering how small i can get the detail, normally i bevel everything but they would be tiny so I didn't bother.

THANKS

DOC

Attached Files:

2. Is this your house, or a house you're having built IRL? Looks nice, a good place to have kids.

My one worry is minimum size thickness, particularly the cross-bar in the second-story window over the garage. You may want to consult the minimal thickness guide if it's close:

https://www.shapeways.com/materials/material-options

Also, if this is a house IRL, it looks like the garage door might not be very tall. Might be hard to, say, get a mini-van in there. But otherwise, the house looks really nice.

3. I built the house model.

Good point the cross bar might be a weak point. The cross bar is .8mm x .6 mm x 13mm so I think that should be good. right?
    I only found out about this site yesterday.

Its a standard garage door. 16feet x 7 feet.

Thanks for the feedback.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2012
  4. Youknowwho4eva
    Youknowwho4eva Well-Known Member
    The minimum for wsf is .7mm.

5. Oh thanks i confused minimum thickness and minimum detail.

DOC

6. OK, if it's the standard garage size door it's cool then. I think maybe it looked too low to me because in my mind I was thinking it was for one-car not two-car. So, OK.