FD and FUD questions

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Firewhale123, Jan 20, 2012.

1. Firewhale123
    Firewhale123 New Member
    I have been looking at FD and FUD and I noticed it was good for painting and detail. But when i read more, it said it can be irritatating to eyes and skin, and it said what to do if it get in contact with your eyes/skin. Is this stuff dangerous? It may sound like a stupid question but im kinda new and I dont know much. Thank you

2. Firewhale123
    Firewhale123 New Member
    Please help me :blush: :( :cry:
  3. tessman
    tessman New Member
  4. tessman
    tessman New Member
    After posting the link to the MSDS, I get the feeling this is only talking about the uncured material, so what you get is probably not so hazardous, but I have no direct experience. Maybe someone else can shed some light.
  5. aeron203
    aeron203 New Member
    Tessman is right, the MSDS refers to the uncured resins. Even though the parts are cleaned, there is probably a small amount of uncured resin on the surface. It is safe to handle the models, but for a model that would be in constant contact with the skin, like jewelery, use WSF material which is Nylon.

Do not eat FUD models or give them to children.

6. Firewhale123
    Firewhale123 New Member
    Thanks for the quick reply. I'm thinking of making custom lego peices and other models as a hobby. I think it would be best if I used WSF or WUD. Thanks :)