FD and FUD Curing Problem????

Discussion in 'Technologies and Hardware' started by tdr_innovations, Oct 30, 2011.

1. I have had a couple of customers contact me about some of our parts, printed out in FD and FUD material, that do not seem to be fully cured. The problem has been described as a "sweating" and "liquification" of the part.

I have not seen the problem on any of the parts that I have ordered so I cannot speak from first hand knowlege.

Has anybody else had this "sweating" problem on their FD and/or FUD parts?

If the parts are not fully cured when they ship, is there a way for the customer to cure the parts?

I will ask my customers to chime in with their direct observations.

2. stonysmith
    stonysmith Well-Known Member Moderator
    It could be the waxy "Support Material" that didn't get fully cleaned off. A couple of other forum threads discuss how to best clean it.

3. Youknowwho4eva
    Youknowwho4eva Shapeways Employee Community Team
    I have heard of liquid residue on models, as stony said it may be the support material which is a wax material.

4. I suspected that it could be the wax too. I recommended that the part be thoroughly cleaned.

Thanks

5. DickvanMourik
    DickvanMourik New Member
    I've had similar problems, models stay way too flexible and the finish quality also is different from the fully cured versions.