Export from trueSpace

Discussion in 'Software and Applications' started by lunadude, Aug 1, 2008.

1. lunadude
    lunadude New Member
    I have trueSpace 6.6 and 7.6, and Deep Exploration 3.5. All can export .STL format models.

I've tried uploading the same model, exported from each of these apps. No dice.

I'm not sure if the issue is with a corrupt format, or a damaged/too thin model. Will have to try something else to verify.

Anyways, the model export matrix on http://www.shapeways.com/tutorials/supported-applications, claims that trueSpace is supported, with a Collada export that is "native". I don't see a Collada export option in either versions of trueSpace.

What am I missing?

2. bartv
    bartv New Member
    Hi lunadude,

the problem is probably with the size of your object - our STL importer currently interprets 1 STL unit as 1 meter (which is a bit non-standard - we'll fix that in the next release). Scaling everything down by a factor of 100 should solve the issue.

Cheers,

Bart

3. lunadude
    lunadude New Member
    Ok, so it may be a "units" issue.

Any idea on the formats question?

4. bartv
    bartv New Member
    Hmm no - I picked that up from their on-line documentation somewhere. Looks like I'll have to re-do my homework ;)

Cheers,

Bart

5. bartv
    bartv New Member
    Lunadude,

I don't have trueSpace running here myself so I cannot check, but I see announcements everywhere that Collada export should have been added in 7.5.. Maybe it's tucked away somewhere you didn't look yet?

About those STL files, did you succeed in getting them uploaded? If not, could you mail them to bart(at)shapeways(dot)com so I can check them out? I have a few other ideas that I'd like to try.

Cheers,

Bart