Here is a quick experiment I did with a model printed in "Frosted Detail" â€“ i.e. not "Frosted Ultra Detail" Here is the process I used: 1. I soaked it in hot water and dish soap (Palmolive Original brand) for about 10 minutes. 2. Gave it a light scrubbing with a toothbrush 3. Dried it with a paper towel and let it air dry for a few minutes 4. Gave it a light coat of grey primer (Testors light grey I believe) â€“ I only used a light single coat, I probably would have given it a second coat, but wanted to see how it took paint. 5. Let the primer dry for a couple minutes 6. Dabbed on some paint (Vallejo 'Gory Red') (again, single coat, would have worked better with another coat or a backing coat of white) I took the photo minutes after that, so the paint is still wet. Still, it did seem to adhere pretty well. The "feel" was right, and I think it would shape up nicely if I had taken my time.