Espresso cup questions

Discussion in 'My Work In Progress' started by hazy_v, May 30, 2013.

1. hazy_v
    hazy_v New Member
    http://shpws.me/nZo2

1) Does anyone know about cup... physics... I guess? Is this thing going to spill coffee on peoples' shirts?

2) What thickness should I be using for ceramic cup handles?

3) Does shapeways try out different colors for the ceramics from time to time?

Thanks for your time!

2. Youknowwho4eva
    Youknowwho4eva Shapeways Employee Community Team
    1) Does anyone know about cup... physics... I guess? Is this thing going to spill coffee on peoples' shirts?

I don't see any glaring usability issues

2) What thickness should I be using for ceramic cup handles?

As long as you meet the requirements, it should be printable. As far as how you want it to look and feel, find a similar sized piece with a handle and see how it fits.

3) Does shapeways try out different colors for the ceramics from time to time?

From time to time. I know I want more more more new colors

One note about your model. You have sharp corners on those bricks, and the mortar lines don't look very deep. Look through the rules, you will probably have to radius those corners.

3. hazy_v
    hazy_v New Member
    Thanks for the feedback! Just fixed the models, but I've still got a regular 90 deg cut (check out the seam between the top rim and the 'grout' lines) at the lip to prevent spilling while drinking. Unless you think I should get rid of that hard edge too?

4. Youknowwho4eva
    Youknowwho4eva Shapeways Employee Community Team
    The sharp edges may get rejected. And if they don't, the glaze doesn't like to stick to sharp edges, so you will at least get thin areas here that may crack over time.