Errors after customer has paid :(

Discussion in 'Technologies and Hardware' started by paulelderdesign, Dec 18, 2012.

1. paulelderdesign
    paulelderdesign New Member
    Hi Guys

Quick question is there any way of recieving the email before selling my products. I have 3 fails now and have
    fixed the models in question but it looks bad if the client has already paid me up front :(

Is there an option to have your model checked beforehand?

Regards

Paul

2. Youknowwho4eva
    Youknowwho4eva Shapeways Employee Community Team
    You could send it to support to see if they see anything that could prevent it from printing. But in the end it's up to the operator so they still may miss something that the operator sees.

3. stop4stuff
    stop4stuff Well-Known Member
    Yes, there are loads of thing you can do to ensure the models you create for a client are printable.
    The biggest and most important thing you can do is create models for yourself and find out what the materials can do, what the tolerances are for the materials (not the guidelines, but the tolerances, as in what can be done and what can't be done).

So basically understand the beast, tame the beast, expect the beast to bite you sometimes, and then, maybe, you can offer a 'Guaranteed printable by Shapeways' service too :)

Paul
    [hr][hr]