Edit Page Broken: Infinite "save" Loop

Discussion in 'Shapeways Shops' started by Oskar_van_Deventer, Mar 19, 2017.

1. Oskar_van_Deventer
    Oskar_van_Deventer Well-Known Member
    Hi Shapeways,

The new look of the webpages is quite nice. Unfortunately, I can no longer add anotation to my models. When adding annotation after uploading, the "Edit Product" page goes into an infinite "save" loop, but does not save anything.

Could you repair the "Edit Product" page, please?

Thank you!

Oskar

P.S. Why do you continue having users beta-test the basic functionality of your website, instead of doing some testing yourself before going live?
    P.S. I made a typo in the title of this thread. Why am I not allowed to correct my own typo?

2. mctrivia
    mctrivia Member
    Log out then erase cookies fixes problem.

3. Oskar_van_Deventer
    Oskar_van_Deventer Well-Known Member
    I could reproduce the error.

When you fill in a lot of stuff, but forget the Category, then the site produces an error message. If that happens, the only solution is to leave the page and start all over again. If you do not start all over again, then pressing "Save Changes" will result in an endless save loop. Annoying, but survivable once one knows the bug.

Oskar

4. mctrivia
    mctrivia Member
    Pretty sure bug is a result of them changing sitell code involving user authentication. If you log out and delete the cookies for the site then log in it fixes the problem permanently.