EASY parts strenght estimate on any free 3d modeling sw?

Discussion in 'Software and Applications' started by 1136354_deleted, Jun 19, 2016.

1. Hi all, I'm on a cliff edge: starting 3D software modeling. I know I'll spend a lot of time... I hate wasting time (one work, one family, passion for filmaking with two ongoing projects) so I need to focus on the right software, straight.

In my mind it should be easy enough (123d looks too easy, blender on the high side), cheap enough (0-50USD) AND let you know strenght and other physical characteristics of the piece BEFORE printing it, based on the material.

Have I a dream?
    Or does it exist?
    Thank you all for reading and helping out!
    Marco

2. Andrewsimonthomas
    Andrewsimonthomas Well-Known Member
    Maybe someone here could prove me wrong but I believe that the closest thing that is does all three (easy, cheap and checks materials) is already on the our website as the automatic wall thickness tool.

Upload a model and we'll estimate how thick it is and highlight areas that could break.

Another piece of software that has this and a few more options is meshmixer from autodesk.

After that, its very hard to find something that is inexpensive and does complex analysis for 3D printing.