Easily Pricing Models

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by philnolan3d, Nov 28, 2016.

1. philnolan3d
    philnolan3d Well-Known Member
    This is something that has bugged me for years on Shapeways. Suppose I upload a model and set it up for 40 different materials. (I did this today) Each material has a base price with $0.00 added on. If I want to give myself a 30% mark up on each material I have to open a calculator, type in the base price, hit + 30% =, then type that number into Shapeways and repeat that 39 more times. Isn't there an easier way to do this? If I'm uploading several models this could take hours.

I thought I heard that there was an excel spreadsheet you could download with all of your prices so you can change them all at once, then upload that back up but I can't find any download anywhere. Even better would be if I could just add 300% to everything on the site.

2. MrNibbles
    MrNibbles Well-Known Member
    Go to your shop settings page
    https://www.shapeways.com/shop/settings/

and then you'll see some additional tabs, 2 of which show CSV options - Pricing CSV Wizard and Category CSV Wizard. That's where you'll find the download buttons.

I haven't personally tried this because I am waiting for a simpler percentage or straight mark-up value mechanism, and because I've read about there being various problems at times using it I am convinced that I would completely destroy my shop. Other people seem to have no problems. Good luck!

3. philnolan3d
    Thank you. That is the last place I would expect to look for the download.

4. stonysmith
    stonysmith Well-Known Member Moderator
    Let me refer you to an old thread. https://www.shapeways.com/forum/t/mass-markup-tool-question.6470

One thing of particular note: you do NOT have to upload "all" prices in your shop every time, in a single step. You can separate the file into segments (even as little as one single model/material at a time) - any records that you do NOT upload are left unchanged.

5. philnolan3d
    Yeah I've tried it a couple times now. I see that only the changes I make are shown. It's actually pretty easy. Especially after I learned elsewhere how to increase a list of numbers by a percent. In Excel / Calc.