DualNexus bracelet

Discussion in 'My Shapeways Order Arrived' started by alienology, Sep 18, 2009.

1. alienology
    alienology New Member
    Hello everybody!

Here's DualNexus bracelet.

WSF, about 73mm in diameter. Turned out quite nice. Good work Shapeways
    Try more flavors at http://www.alienology.com

dualnexus01.jpg

and more details:

dualnexus03.jpg

and now wife is modeling for me:

dualnexus04-wear.jpg

dualnexus05-wear.jpg

Coming up... QuadNexus and more... stay tuned

Igor | Alienology

2. Galbot
    Galbot New Member
    and how much to print in metal? $200? Looks great, are you just goint to print these in plastic or is it a one off?

3. Whystler
    Whystler New Member
    Igor, this is really really nice!!

-Whystler

4. RobbieMac
    RobbieMac New Member
    A really nice creation indeed.

5. virtox
    virtox Active Member Moderator
    It has a very charming flow ! Beautiful !

6. alienology
    alienology New Member
    Thanks guys... several more designs coming up soon.

These are now being made as series. Well... I created new, slightly altered design, somewhat smaller and changed the design so that the bracelet is not full circle like O but almost closed like C. Other than that it;s the same thing.

This works well with flexibility of the material to fit both larger and smaller sized hands / arms. This I did after the feedback of some friends saying that this pictured bracelet is little too big. But... some girls liked it... so now I am going with two models. I should have new version in few days.

I am not sure if I can print this in metal. Probably not exactly as it is now, because the thinnest threads there are about 1mm thick.
    I can "beef" it up easy because this is (to a large degree) parametric object.
    It DOES give me an option to print stainless steel - but I doubt it will work just like that (maybe someone at Shapeways can tell me?). This would be somewhat over 100$ in metal.... but WSF is material of choice for this one as final. Flexibility just works great with this form. Quite unusual.

But... that is the question I had (and posted to general forum area), what are the constraints of metal printing from any users out there with real-world experience.
    Should you have some opinions about it - do share.
    See this post here - and give any feedback f you can:

http://www.shapeways.com/forum/index.php?t=msg&th=1255&a mp;start=0&S=852fadf0241da911bf6bc50e40707641