Dragon Pendant v1

Discussion in 'My Shapeways Order Arrived' started by gumball, Jul 26, 2010.

1. gumball
    gumball Member
  2. lsuess
    lsuess New Member
    Your dragon looks great, especially from the front.
    From this perspective it seems more like a frendly sprite than an evil dragon.
    Only the chest seems a bit weird to me.

Why isn't it unaviable in unplated steel?
    I think that would be the material of choice here; at least for me.

By the way, if you want to create another dragon, may I suggest tis one:
    orphen-dragon-small.jpg
    It's from the sourcerous stabber orphen anime.

3. Drawn_Steel_Hero
    Drawn_Steel_Hero New Member
    If you want to know the answer to that, you need to ask Admiral (I feel like I'm in an insurance commercial! :p), since he's the one who designed it.

Andy

Last edited: Jul 28, 2010
  4. gumball
    gumball Member
    So how do I make it clearer in my posts that these aren't my designs? :(

5. lsuess
    lsuess New Member
    UUps, I just .... have missed that somehow. :blush:
    Then the praise goes to Admiral of course.

6. lsuess
    lsuess New Member
    And to Chantell Hager to be correct.

7. Youknowwho4eva
    Youknowwho4eva Shapeways Employee Community Team
    Perhaps some image watermarks? :p. I think 90% of people will look at the picture and comment without reading.

8. Admiral
    Admiral New Member
    Well, I don't exactly expect people who buy my designs to watermark the images that they take of my models, but I do appreciate the credit and the picture, Gumball. :)

It's cool to see the V1 model in Transparent detail, I haven't yet taken the time(or set aside the funds!) to order another set of these in all of the materials.

lukas.suess, I have updated the model and added Stainless Steel as an option for ordering. I'm not sure why it was not an option, as I've seen pictures out and about of the V0 model in steel, and really, the V1 is not much different in terms of printability. Why is the Chest area weird? I don't know, Chantell just designed it that way. She thought that it was adorable that she gave him such deformed little leg stumps. I didn't question it.

http://nuclearpixel.com/content/models/chantells_dragon/chan tells_dragon_sketch.png
    http://nuclearpixel.com/models/view/14/

Let's see... well, since I'm disappointed in myself that I didn't originally post any shots of the V0 model when I first obtained it, I guess I'll just quickly put up two of those, in case anyone is interested.

View attachment 5635

View attachment 5634

Again, thanks for initiating the post, Gumball! I'll make sure to put up some photos of my own when I finally order this little guy in Steel!