Downloading Models

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by t34halo, Mar 27, 2017.

1. t34halo
    t34halo Member
    Hello I am new to shapeways and I was wondering is it possible to download models and print then your self? or is the only way of getting your hands on a cool model is to buy it?

2. kaadesign
    kaadesign Well-Known Member
  3. portionstudio
    portionstudio Member
    Hey friends, try our website with high quality 3d model:) you could download them.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 25, 2018
  4. Youknowwho4eva
    Youknowwho4eva Well-Known Member
    It is only possible if the owner of the model has the file available for download.

5. macnutz
    macnutz Member
    Home based DIY printers have many limitations and the bulk of the designs on Shapeways are here for the simple reason they require commercial grade printers.

6. marshalcraft
    marshalcraft Member
    I try downloading my own model i created and appears ounce you upload it to shapeways they own it. When I download i get a certificate file -_-

7. marshalcraft
    marshalcraft Member
    woops i was able to download my computer just wasn't reconigzing the file type.

8. Peter3D
    Peter3D Well-Known Member
    When you end up with a x3d file, you can convert it to a stl file using software like Netfabb or Blender.

9. how did you download it?

10. MrNibbles
    MrNibbles Well-Known Member
    You can download a model previously uploaded to your account from the "Tools" link on the model page. The resulting pop-up menu has a download option.

11. Thank you sir!