Display Order

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Feedback' started by ProSpeed, Dec 20, 2018.

1. ProSpeed
    ProSpeed Member
    Hello,
    on the product site there is a field "display order"
    What is the function of this field?
    Thanks.
    Stefan

2. stonysmith
    stonysmith Well-Known Member Moderator
    When customers view your shop, there are six ways they can sort the models.
    There are five that the customer can control with this dropdown. But, the sixth method is the "default" order if they don't select anything.
    You are able to control that sixth sequence with the "Display Order".
    Whatever item you pick as "1" is displayed first, etc.
    Image1.jpg

Malwen likes this.
  3. reducedAircraftFactory
    reducedAircraftFactory Well-Known Member
    Note that the numbers you use do not have to be consecutive. So if you want to, you can organize your catalog so that the 1000's are for one category of model, the 2000's are for another, etc.

4. ProSpeed
    ProSpeed Member
    Hi all,

many thanks for your answers and help.

5. shrap_x
    shrap_x Active Member
    I like to set my designs in a viewable order using this feature. But it does not seems like it could be implemented more than it is.

When I log in and view my designs, at designer/shrap_x/creations, they appear in a random order.
    If I log in, and go to shop/inventory, they are displayed in order.

Why do they not appear in order under Creations? I like to go in there and view what I work on and it would be great if they were grouped properly. Right now it's just scattered. And there is an occasional empty square.

As a code writer, if there is an order already associated... why not just display it in said order?

6. Greaseball
    Greaseball Well-Known Member
    I’m not really sure what the creations group is intended for. As far as I can tell it will display the products that are set as public AND for sale or not for sale. There’s no way to set an order for display of items in the creations listing. There’s no linkage between the display order set in the product listing and the order in the creations listing. There’s also no way for a viewer to select an order type.

My guess is it’s something that was around before the actual store capability was established. It’s sort of useless like your appendix. Maybe they had planned on using it for something else but never got around to it. Considering all the stresses at the company and limited resources right now I wouldn’t hold my breath for any big updates for this. They’ll fix serious bugs but that’s about it for the foreseeable future.

7. Narada_Dan_Vantari
    Narada_Dan_Vantari Well-Known Member
    Re-ordering products used to work. It doesn't seem to anymore.
    Orienting a model for generating renders actually worked for me today, and that was out of action for at least two years before they (maybe) fixed it.
    The Shapeways Shopify App is pathetic compared to great apps for Shopify like Printful or Skyou, both of which push your changes of description or price on their site straight to your Shopify page, like it obviously should do.

Why Shapeways cant get their web technology together I don't know,
    but it is not a good sign for future success :-(