Definitive Date For End Of Grandfathered Pricing?

Discussion in 'Customer Service' started by KkadwellMfg, Dec 5, 2018 at 9:29 PM.

1. KkadwellMfg
    KkadwellMfg Member
    Hello, fellow Shapeways users,

I know that the new Shapeways pricing policy has been a touchy subject, and I know that a lot of digital ink has been devoted to discussing the issue. It's possible that I've missed the answer to this specific question somewhere, although I've done quite a bit of searching for it to no avail. My question is, is there a definitive, official date upon which the "grandfathered" pricing scale currently in place in many shops will be finally switched over to the new pricing scale-- say, Jan 1st, 2019? I'm doing my best to prepare my shop for the change-over-- and I have quite a few redesigned models ready to be used to update my products to make them more compatible with the new pricing system when the time is necessary-- and it would be very handy to know in advance exactly when these changes must be made.

I hope I'm not stepping on any toes by asking, and thanks for any help!

-Kale Kadwell

2. rolsen01
    rolsen01 Well-Known Member
    Pretty sure I've read 1 Jan, 2019, yes. That's the day I'm planning on it.

3. jimmyadvice
    jimmyadvice Shapeways Employee CS Team
    Hi Kate

Thanks for reaching out with your question. We are under the impression it should change over on 1 January as well, but we are checking to get confirmation at this time. We'll follow up here once we have the correct information.