Customer interaction

Discussion in 'Shapeways Shops' started by TomZ, May 14, 2010.

1. TomZ
    TomZ New Member
    Personally, I miss interacting with my customers.

I would like to have the option to send a message to my customers. Currently, this requires asking CS to forward my message to the customer, not ideal.
    This could be implemented by means of a form where I can enter my message. The message would then be sent (accompanied by a Shapeways disclaimer) by email or private messages. This would not disclose customer identity, the identity would only be disclosed if the customer replied. Only one such message would be available per order.
  2. Magic
    Magic Well-Known Member
    Just one question: with co-creator items, this communication is direct and encouraged. Why wouldn't be the case for regular items?
  3. Oskar_van_Deventer
    Oskar_van_Deventer Well-Known Member
    Even simpler: just disclose the buyer's Shapeways identity to the shop owner.

People are buying puzzles from my Oskar Puzzles shop. To my customers, it would make much sense that I could contact them and ask whether they would need any stickers with their puzzle.

How about an opt-out choice? If a customer wants to buy anonymously, then he/she could check this option. Most, products (puzzles, trains, art) are not privacy sensitive at all.

(And I do not see any 3D-printed sex toys in Shapeways Shops yet. Hey, a business opportunity!)

4. Magic
    Magic Well-Known Member
    I understand better why some of you want an option of "non-published links"
    :D :D :D
    Just kidding, obviously: I do not want to offence anyone.
  5. dizingof
    dizingof New Member
    I too wish for an option to interact with customers - perhaps as a private message not email.

Perhaps mostly to have the customer's opinion on the final product he received and ask him/her to send me pics of how the product

(we shop owners can not order a test of every single model we have.. nor with any different material available..)

So for ex: few customers bought my Kitchen stand for iPad in different
    materials - such as alumide..

If customers read this, please send me a pic of how the product looks with your iPad - Thanks in advance.